10: The Inevitable

//The Palace Halls//

"I wonder why we have been summoned?" Macko asked out loud as he jogged by his young master. (Yn) nodded her head in agreement as she kept her pace, "It might be something important. I hope nothing is wrong." The wolf glared at her playfully, "Maybe they'll finally take you out of school, they probably noticed you can't take your eyes off a certain prince." He began to snicker as he whispered the last part, an unamused expression crept it's a way onto the young girl's face, "Jeez, it's not- why would you even say something like that? Dog Brains!" She huffed to which made him laugh out loud.

Though he was not lying when he said that about the prince, whether it was admiration or something else, something had changed over the years. Noctis made her feel different emotions which confused her to no end.

She would be happy, nervous, excited, and embarrassed all at once. These confusing emotions really got her thinking as to what might be wrong with her. So it was on her free time she would read books about these symptoms, but found nothing wrong. This actually scared her because it was the first time she had ever felt such stirrings before. The funny part was she didn't even know why, but as time went on she began to understand and in doing so she dismissed those thoughts in fear of what it might be.

But before she could really get lost in her thoughts, (Yn) practically stumbled through the giant doors of the throne room. This made everyone in the rather spacious room turn their heads in the direction of the sudden outburst. The king, her father, Clarus, Cor as well as various kingsglaive members, and a beautiful girl had shocked expressions on their faces, but what caught her eye was the beautiful girl. She looked the same age as the loyal shadow and the prince. Blonde hair, blue eyes, and light peachy skin accompanied by a white gown that complimented her small frame giving her a sense of purity and innocence. Gentle blue met embarrassed and confused (EC) orbs. Silent staring went on between to two until Regis finally spoke up, "Ah, you made it young (YN)! I was wondering when you'd show, please enter."

The young 15 year old followed the king's orders immediately, face red but hands behind her straight back changing into her stoic demeanor. When she was in front of the royals and servants she bowed before them Macko the following suit, "Forgive my tardiness your highness, Captain Lennox Cor and Amicitia. I was out in the combat yard assisting new recruits in sword practice. Macko and I came as soon as we were told of your summoning." The embarrassed girl kept her upper body lowered as she continued to bow before them. Eye's trained on the ground while the king's kind voice spoke,

"Nonsense, you had arrived just in time. There is someone I'd like you to meet." He turned to the girl beside him allowing her to step forward. (Yn) raised up her head from her lowered position to see the said girl. "This is Lunafreya Nox Fleuret princess of Tenebrae."

'Of course!' (Yn) thought as she looked over Luna once more. She was surprised she didn't recognize her.

**FLASHBACK**

"Uumm, Ignis where's Prince Noctis?" The tall boy turned to the eleven-year-old girl briefly before turning back around to his business. "He's in his room down the next two halls on your right." (Yn) beamed "Thanks!" Her answer in return from the occupied teen was a hum before she turned around with a skip in her step. "Well? Where is he?"Macko yawned out as he followed her. "In his room." She spoke casually, gently caressing the delicate object with both hands. The lazy wolf's eye's caught onto the fragile object, "What's with the flower?" This made her body visibly tense as she kept looking forward, no longer skipping but speed walking to their destination.

"It's nothing just a little something from the gardens ok." She quickly finished attempting to drop the subject before the confused K9 could say anything. But it was too late because he started to snicker, "Don't tell me......You like him?" He said as he started to laugh making her face heat up. "No! It's not like that, I'm just being a good friend! So Shut your face!" She nearly yelled, shoving her elbow into the wolf's side. "Ow! Cut it out! Just cuz I figured out your secret, doesn't mean you had to hurt me!" She shushed him as they got closer to the door.