7: The Palace Gardens (Part 2)

//Wait on song//

"What would you guys like to do?" You asked them setting your backpack down next to you. There was silence at first until "We can show you around the garden." You looked back up to Noctis who was looking at you with hesitation, waiting for your reply. "Sure that would be nice." You said giving a closed eye smile.

"Very well," Ignis said going behind Noctis to push him along. You walked alongside him and Noctis taking in more of the luscious garden. While looking around you noticed the birds singing many tunes as they glided from tree to tree. Watching the small breeze carry fallen leaves and petals through the air. There was a certain serenity to this place, making you want to sit down and soak it in. "D-do you like it?" Noctis asked looking to you. "Yeah! It's amazing, I've only seen most of these plants and flowers in books." You said looking to him, Ignis began to talk about the different types of plants the garden had. You surprised him when you gave info about the certain flowers he didn't think you knew about.

Ignis was intrigued by your intelligence and conversed with you about the flowers appearances as well as their properties. Noctis was fascinated with the info he was receiving from both you and his advisor, but it was mostly from you. His eyes never leaving your small but toned form. You were someone he hadn't thought he would meet until he was older. Of course, he knew of the Kings Shadow, the king's retainer that works behind the scenes but he never knew it was someone like you. For some odd reason, he imagined she would be a 'he', that the 'he' would be cold and tough barley making an appearance. But you were kind and respectful from what he got out of your visits.

His coughing broke him from his thoughts. Ignis stopped pushing him to see what was wrong, (YN) and Macko stopping in their tracks. "Are you alright your highness?" Ignis spoke concern in his voice. Noctis nodded trying to wave him off. (YN) ran to get her bag, when she came back she took out a water bottle opening it before handing it to the piece. He took it graciously drinking it to help stop his coughing fit. When he finally caught his breath he looked to their faces, his own burning with embarrassment.

"S-sorry for worrying you all. My throat was just dry." Noctis looked to them still embarrassed by what just happened. "You should let me know next time you are thirsty, your majesty." Ignis lightly scolded taking out his handkerchief to give to him so he could dry his face. You simply smiled at Ignis's kind gesture, putting back on your backpack glancing at Macko who finally spoke, "Why don't we sit under that big tree over there, take a little break." Ignis nodded before going behind Noctis to push there, You and Macko leading the way.

When you finally made it to the tree you sat down next to Macko who beat you there shortly after Noctis was wheeled up to your right followed by Ignis. Sitting there in a comfortable silence you all looked up to the clouds before you. The breeze gently swaying each of the children's hair, along with Macko's grey fur. You four began to talk about random things like what you like to do, favorite colors, what kinds of foods are good, what you don't like. It was simple things children usually talk about.

They hadn't noticed that they had been talking for about 4 hours until Ignis told them that was time for lunch. (YN) and Macko followed Ignis as he pushed Noctis out of the gardens to the dining hall. Finding their seats the four sat together, King Regis would not be joining them today for he was doing his work in his office along with Cor and Max. They started to eat when the food was served after lunch was over Noctis wanted to go back out to the gardens since (YN) and Macko only had six more hours left. Ignis had to leave for a bit to do his duties back at the main palace so (YN) had offered to push Noctis to the gardens. Agreeing with that idea Ignis said his farewells and left.

Returning to the gardens was nice. The scene still the same as before, green and peaceful. You three talked some more as you wandered around the small forestlike area until finally sitting by the same big tree. Macko taking a nap next to it with you leaning your upper back on his side. Next, to you, the prince was in his chair that was somewhat like a recliner helping him lean back to look up at the clouds with you.