5: Until then

The next day (YN) had awoken early, she began to prepare for the day's studies putting on her dark jeans, black combat boots, and finally, her grey hood over her (FC) fitted t-shirt. Her short hair had been tamed, bangs brushed the right. Finally emerging from her room, (YN) walked down the dark halls. It was still early in the morning so there were very few servants out and about.

Entering the dining hall she had noticed Macko eating his breakfast by the large window. "I see your awake, foods on the table." (YN) turned her direction to a plate, getting closer to it she inhaled its delicious smell. The food was still steaming, showing that it had been just placed there. Giving a silent prayer of thanks she dug right in, looking to the right seeing her father's empty chair. " He's working late today?" She asked with disappointment in her voice. "Yeah, he won't be back till 9:00 pm."

(YN) hummed in response, finishing up her food. "I guess it's just you and Master Cor today then." Wiping her mouth, she turned around in her seat to look back at him. Finally ripping his gaze away from the window, " Yes, now for today's morning lessons you and I will brush up on some of your academics. Then for this evening, you will train with Cor, so make sure you focus and not think about your date this Saturday." After processing what he had just said made (YN)'s face started to burn. "S-shut up you idiot! Are we gonna go or not?" She whisper-shouted as she jumped from her seat to shove him. This made the wolf laugh at her pathetic excuse for a shove, shortly after there little 'fight' they both left the hall to the family study. When they had entered the large library like room, the two got right to work, learning about the history of the Crown city as well as the many other areas of the land. Literature and the arts were her favorite studies. Poetry, paintings, music, and the art of weaponry were the things that interested her the most. Mathematics was... ok, it wasn't that she was bad at the subject it was just boring. Even Macko found it dull, saying it was ' a complete waste of time' but he was still obligated teach it. After that was over they had lunch around noon, an hour later Cor came to pick her up for her physical training. (YN) went and changed into her gear which was fixed and cleaned from the other days training, leaving with her duffle bag slung over her shoulder.

When Cor and (YN) had left the Lennox residents, the two had passed by the Crownsguard training room which had its doors open. While walking by it she stopped to see a middle-aged man who was sparing with what appeared to be a young boy who looked somewhat older than you.

Cor noticed that you were no longer following him and followed your gaze to the same direction you were looking. He immediately recognized the man and walked into the area, causing (YN) follow after him. "Clarus, training late today I see?" This made the man who was now identified as Clarus stop his match with the boy to look back at him. "Cor, I didn't see you there," Clarus said leaning his sword on his shoulder relaxing his stance while the boy lowered his own to his side. The two adults engaged in their own conversation, giving (YN) some time to actually look at the boy. The boy had dark brown hair that was shaved at the sides, amber eyes, tall, and was wearing black training gear. He seemed to notice your gaze as he moved his eyes to you. They looked at each other with curiosity as the other two continued talking. "So this is Max's daughter," Clarus said turning his head to the young girl, who now faced him. "Yes this is (YN), I'm training her this evening since Macko had to assist Max for his duties. " Cor said, causing the three males to look to you. Clarus smiled at the young girl sticking his hand out for her to shake, "Hello there, my name is Clarus Amicitia and this is my son Gladiolus. You may not remember me but I met you when you were a baby. I used to work closely with Cor and your father when we were younger." (YN) reached out and took his larger hand in her own slightly bowing, " It is an honor to meet you Clarus," she then stuck her hand out to Gladios, "As well as you Gladiolus." The young man was surprised by her respectful behavior, taking her hand to return the gesture. "Well, we best get to it then." Cor said getting ready to leave, " You can practice here we were gonna take a break anyways." Said Clarus, not seeing anything wrong with the idea Cor nodded and turned to (YN), she eagerly set her bag down on the floor in the corner. Grabbing her tape, she started to wrap her hands. Today wasn't too serious since yesterday's training was hard, they were going to practice summoning weapons, some fencing, and as Max had asked, she must train their families sword technics.

Gladios and his father set off to the side watching the duo train. The young man was amazed by how much she knew, it was obvious from her skill that she would become a formidable opponent one day. But what intrigued him the most was her interesting sword style.

The way she moved was graceful like she was dancing to music only she could hear. Even his own father was intrigued by her movements, as they had reminded him of the days back when he was younger watching Max do the exact same thing. A smile formed on both Cor's and Clarus's lips as they reminisced about their friend. When (YN) was done she had noticed everyone looking at her making her face turn red. She only did this in front of her father, Cor, and Macko so this was new to be doing it in front of two completely different people. Clapping interrupted the four as they all had turned their attention to a little girl by the doors. She had the same dark brown hair and amber eyes as Gladios. She looked way younger than you and was very small, the small girl ran up to you with excitement. You dropped your sword as she jumped in front of you taking your hands into her own. She kept yanking your arms making them sore, " That was amazing! You looked so pretty!" Her high voice said making your face warm at her compliment, " Ah- thank you.." You said, embarrassment and confusion in your tone. Sensing your discomfort she stopped her jumping, "Hehe sorry my name's Iris, Iris Amicitia."

Clarus finally came up to the two girls his son following behind, "Daddy! Big brother!" She let go of your hands and ran up to them hugging both. "What are you doing here Iris?" Gladios asked, " I came to see you both but then I saw the pretty girl dance." She said pointing back to you. Cor smiled as he joined you by your side. He bent down and handed you your sword to which you gladly took back, making it return to your arsenal.

Clarus smiled down at his daughter patting her head before looking back to you. "That was very impressive. Your father sure knows how to teach his swordsmanship. One of these days you should train with my son." You gave a bow and a closed eye smile to him, "That would be nice if your son is ok with it that is." Gladios then spoke up, " It would be an honor to." The two's eye's met, a mutual understanding and slight wonder about the future had entered their minds. Iris giggled, making (YN) look back to her, "Oh forgive me, my name's (YN) Lennox, it's nice to meet you." She said with a kind smile, not a moment later paw steps, metal boots, and the clanking of armor entered the room. There stood Maximus and Macko, a smile found its way to your lips. " There you are, I am done with my shift." Max sighed but then noticed the people in the room. Cor and Clarus smiled at their friends arrival. "It's good to see you Clarus, I see you have met my daughter." He said with a smile, " Yes she's just like you. You should be proud she is a very skilled swordsman." He said back with admiration, Max nodded proudly and looked to Cor, " Thank you Cor, I was a bit busy today."

Cor smiled, "It was no problem, Max. I quite enjoy her company." Max looked back to you smiling, you grinned quickly getting your bag before going up to him. Macko nuzzled his head into your side. Before leaving you turned to everyone in the room bowing respectfully, " Thank you Master Cor for today's lesson. As well as making your acquaintances Sir Clarus, Gladiolus, and Iris. It was an honor, and I look forward to sparring with you in the future." After that, you smiled and waved to them before leaving with your father and wolf companion out the door. Hardly waiting till you could see them and the prince again.