6: The Palace Gardens (Part 1)

Saturday morning couldn't have arrived sooner. (YN) woke up with glee, as she got ready for her day off with Noctis. For the past week she had been studying hard with Macko, her father, Cor, and her new sparring partner/ friend Gladios. The two got along well, despite their 3 year age gap. Sparring with him was fun and since you were both competitive when it came to sword fighting, it was always a friendly challenge to see who would win. Though it was hard for either of you to win because half the time you were both evenly matched. Iris was just as fun, watching and cheering you guys on while you fought. Even playing with her when you both got the chance. You weren't really social with kids younger than you since you were around adults most of the time, but Iris was different as you started to develop a soft spot for her. You admired Gladios's and Iris's sibling bond, slightly envying them but none the less, you three became descent friends over the past week.

Now that it was over, you were finally going to see the prince once more. You were excited but also nervous at the same time, running around your room trying to decide what to wear and bring. Macko, who was laying on your newly made bed, lazily watched you with amusement. To him you looked like an idiot, running to one side of the room to the next frantically getting things together for your 'date' as he liked to tease. Macko didn't really understand why you couldn't decide on something to wear since you didn't really care about that, it was girl stuff that was something her father didn't really know about. Max raised her the way he was raised, strick, respectful, independent, and of course self disciplined. He taught her to wear whatever was nessesary at the time, so dresses and skirts was not a luxury. All in all it was very new to the large K9, watching you try to pick something out. Finally getting tired of it the wolf sat up, " Will you pick something already! Your fathers gonna kick your arse for taking forever!" (YN) stopped her frantic movements as she looked back at him. ' He's right. Why am fussing over this? Just put on a shirt, some pants, and go.' She thought.

Finally putting on what she thought looked fine, she looked at herself in her long mirror

Finally putting on what she thought looked fine, she looked at herself in her long mirror. "Good now we can gggoooo!" Macko wined as he stretched, sliding off her bed. She nodded, agreeing with her outfit grabbing her small backpack and headed out the door Macko close behind. Heading to the dining hall, (YN) walked straight, hands to her sides since she could not put them behind her back because of her bag. It was a habit she developed from her father.

When she finally entered the hall she saw her father in his spot at the end of the table, looking at some papers over some coffee. He heard her come in as he looked up from his work, she bowed, " Good morning father. Forgive my tardiness." She said shame in her voice, he looked at her sternly being annoyed for a short moment before letting it go.

"As long as it doesn't happen again." He said causing you to release a silent breath, "You better eat before you go." He said in a calmer fatherly tone. You straighten up seating yourself next to him, still embarrassed from your lateness. (YN) always followed the rules, she was responsible and was never out of line so it was unexpected of her to be late. When (YN) was served she gave a prayer before digging in. After eating breakfast, Macko and (YN) took their leave. Max accompanying them to the main palace to drop them off.

//Time Skip//

When they had finally reached the palace, the three were immediately let in. A servant had walked up to them and bowed, " Ah, Captain Lennox, Master Macko, and Miss Lennox it is good to see you. The prince is in the gardens waiting for the young Miss shall we be on our way?" Max raised his hand, " Very well." Looking down to you, " Be on your best behavior and return by 6:00 pm do you understand." Max said, looking at her with a stoic face. "Yes, sir." You said in a respectful tone bowing to him. He nodded to you and Macko before leaving without another word.

Looking at his back before it disappeared out the large doors you and Macko turned back around following the kind servant silently. (YN) gripped the straps of her bag tighter as it clung to her back. Butterflies filled her stomach as different scenarios ran through her head. Sure she sees him in the media and the occasional times he would appear to be by his father during his speeches. But this was being with the prince in person, second time no less.

While (YN) was deep in her thoughts she had not realized they had already arrived at the garden doors. The servant opened it for the duo letting them in. Once they had entered (YN) could not believe the wonderful sight before her. Everything was green, the trees, grass, and even the nicely trimmed hedges. Numerous flowers covered certain areas, cherry blossom trees in full bloom. A sweet and earthy smell filled the air as the bright sun lit up the multicolored scenery giving it a whimsical look. It was truly a scene to behold but as your eye's scanned over its beauty they landed on a certain boy in a wheelchair who was accompanied by the same boy you met in the infirmary, both under the shade of a big tree. They were looking the other way still not noticing neither of your's or Macko's presence. You both made your way over to them, making the butterflies swell within your stomach. They finally saw you which caused your face to heat up, you quickly bowed to the prince and his advisor, "Your majesty and Ignis Scientia. I have arrived along with my friend Macko as requested a week before." You said looking anywhere but Noctis.

"(Y-YN) you made it thank you." The prince's soft but excited voice spoke. You looked back up at him, a small smile on your red face. "Of course I would come."

You then looked to the other boy who was looking back at you. " You may just call me Ignis there really is no need for the full name and it's a pleasure to see you again (YN)." He said with a small nod. You returned the gesture with a bigger smile.

You then looked back to Macko who was sitting respectfully beside you, a smug look on his face. You rolled your eye's before looking back to the boy's, "So what would you guys like to do?" You asked.