[23] *~Alistair's Route~*

Start from the beginning

Alistair jumped back before his blade could come anymore closer. In all honesty, he didn't get to practice much in sword fighting these past months. Especially because there had been barely any cases where combat was needed. Usually the card knights handled it. Yet, he glared hardly at the enemy in front of him. Let's see how his training paid off.

They both advanced and their swords clashed against each other, both their eyes meeting in a flaming gaze. They parried, blocked each other's attacks, some attacks almost effective, some not.  The Blue Caterpillar lunged and swung his blade, Alistair rapidly crouching. It was only a mere fraction of a second he escaped his demise by the blade of this maniac. He swiftly swept him off his feet, causing his enemy to lose balance and fall into the ground. Because he got distracted, the tendril choking (M/n) let him go and Alistair took a sharp breath.

"CHESS! CATCH HIM BEFORE HE FALLS!" Chess was surprised by the sudden booming voice from Alistair, but immediately made himself reappear at the exact location where (M/n) almost hit the ground. He began coughing and wheezing uncontrollably and gasped for air.

Before Alistair could feel a sense of relief, he was slammed down by one of the smokey appendages, his sword flying out of his hand and The Blue Caterpillar began laughing lowly. He brought his sword up and stabbed his thigh, right where he used to got a wound from a sharp branch. He let a strained yell and hissed at the tremendous pain from his thigh. What's worse was that the blade was being pushed in further.

"Stop...it..!" Alistair gritted his teeth so hard it seemed like they'll break. The Blue Caterpillar merely smiled. "You want me to stop? Very well then." He took the blade out but that only made the bleeding and pain worse. "I hit right at the spot your precious (M/n) healed before, right? Sad it had to be reopened by me."

He chuckled before something whizzed past him. He glanced at it before glaring. Heart arrows. Reinforcements have arrived. He'll be too overwhelmed by numbers. He clicked his tongue irritably. "I guess I will have to leave early. Too bad I won't get to kill you." His look had an unidentifiable mix of expressions. His explanation made Alistair confused.

The twins both fell into Allan's and Lukas's arms when the smokey appendages let go. The smoke gathered around The Blue Caterpillar as something formed around his back. It grew and formed giant butterfly wings mixed with black, blue, and white colors. "We'll see each other again soon~! Hahaha...!" He spread his butterfly wings and flew up into the clouds, his laugh echoing throughout the forest.

Alistair writhed on the ground. The pain in his thigh was unbearable. What would happen if any other place was stabbed? He let out short breaths and tried to even sit up, but to no avail. (M/n) had stopped hacking and wheezing and ran towards his side. "Alistair! Oh god... I—"

"It's not your fault. Don't start blaming yourself for stuff you didn't do." Alistair cut him off, caressing his face. Tears had already been filling those (E/c) eyes. Ones he could stare at all day. The others hurried towards them and looked at Alistair with worried looks. Chess was mildly dizzy because he got a concussion from his collision with one of the tendrils. The other four weren't hurt, thankfully. No sign of wounds.

Lukas carefully lifted Alistair up, minding his wound. "We're sorry we didn't do much..." His voice was full of regret. He had wanted to help Alistair so much. The rabbit waved his hand. "It's fine. You already helped so much by finding (M/n). That's more than enough help, Lukas."

(M/n) looked down on the ground. Tears blocked his vision as he hiccuped. He never ever expected they'd do so much just to find him. He was only here just recently, yet all of them had done what they can to find him. Especially Alistair. Alistair did everything in his power to find him, even fight a lunatic to save him.

"Alistair..." (M/n) couldn't take anymore and began bawling. Alistair looked at him with his usual gentle look. The look he had given him since the very start. He caressed his face with care. "Thank you...so much..."

The rabbit smiled and wiped away his tears. "Of course. I'll do anything to get you back. I promised I'll never let you go and protect you. I'll never break that promise." He pressed his lips against his forehead, then resting his own forehead against his.

"I love you too much." Alistair smiled and closed his eyes. (M/n) sniffed and hugged him, not wanting to let go. The others watched with smiles on their faces as the two held in a caring embrace.

"Come now, we have to get you patched up." Lukas had to intervene. They pulled away and (M/n) smiled. The smile Alistair fell in love with. They all walked back to the central district of the Capital.

(M/n) walked side by side with Chess, just behind Lukas and Alistair. Chess licked a scrape on his hand. The twins talked to Allan about his charms and spell book, bombarding him with questions. (M/n) sniffed again and thought about The Blue Caterpillar.

He couldn't help but fear of when he'll come back. His mood constantly changed. From anger, to amusement, and vice versa. It was strange, like two sides of him fought for dominance. And the fact he laid his hands on him... It still gave him intense shivers. He felt dirty. Disgusted even. He already hated being touched without permission, but that went over the line.

Yet, he had no problem when it was Alistair, or the others. He was still uncomfortable when the others touched him, but to Alistair he can easily trust him.

He remembered his words from earlier. 'I love you too much.'  He wanted to say he did too. That he loved him too. But with their current situation and with Alistair having a huge gash on his thigh, he could afford to wait. 'I mean, I have to practice too...' (M/n) said in his mind while blushing.

With that in mind, he gripped his necklace. He pursed his lips and sighed. 'I'll definitely tell you soon, Alistair. Just you wait.'

//Eeey! The drama is over! :^D Also, just a reminder, Alistair's Route is almost done! Just a couple chapters left ;^) My bun son is happy ;w; Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter >w<//