[17] *~Alistair's Route~*

//CLEAR IS BEST BOI NO MATTER FUCKING WHAT. I AM STILL CRYING AT HIS DEATH SCENE THIS PRECIOUS MAN IS MEANT TO BE WITH AOBA//

"Where am I?"

(E/c) eyes fluttered open to the sight of an open sky, leaves falling down with an almost rhythmical pace. This place felt...familiar. (M/n) sat up, perceiving his surroundings. He felt like he'd been here before.

"Seriously...where am I?" He asked to no one in particular. The swaying yellow green grass, the tall looming trees forming a circle, and the patches of flowers growing in individual parts of the clearing. He had been here before.

He stood up, wobbling a bit, before turning a full circle. "Is this a dream?" (M/n) then turned his attention in front of him. In the far distance, a person stood unmoving. He couldn't identify his features well, so he moved closer.

With each step he took, the more he felt like the person was drifting away. His pace quickened, and quickened, till he tried to reach his hand out to the person. With a shout, (M/n) hoped they had heard his voice.

Finally, he was able to get closer to the person. About a meter away from him, he came to a stop. The person was tall and had broad shoulders. His snow white hair swayed along with the melody of the wind. Hesitant, (M/n) spoke.

"Alistair?" His voice was small, as if scared it wasn't him. His rabbit ears and tail were absent, so he wasn't entirely sure it was his friend. But with one turn of his head, the person had the same reflective ruby eyes Alistair had. A soft smile formed on his thin lips. "Care to join me?"

(M/n) smiled and nodded. They laid in the middle of the clearing with a peaceful silence and atmosphere. They were shoulder to shoulder as they indulged in the almost eternal time that barely passed.

"This feels nice, doesn't it?" Alistair said, his gentle voice soothing (M/n)'s mind. He nodded and released a content sigh. Alistair turned to his side to face (M/n).

"(M/n)," Alistair said, catching his attention. Their eyes met and they stared at each other with each passing second. (M/n) couldn't utter a single word as Alistair leaned in towards him. He could feel his breath close to his face as he anticipated the scenario. His heart beat almost felt like it was a drum from how much it was pounding against his chest.

Then, he felt something soft against his lips. It was as if time stopped completely when their lips met. Alistair's eyes were closed whilst (M/n)'s were merely half lidded, almost like he was sleepy. The other male intertwined their fingers together , not wanting to separate.

Soon, Alistair pulled away with a flushed face. "Sorry, it's just that...I couldn't help myself..." He apologized, looking away. (M/n) simply smiled. "It's nothing to worry about."

Alistair sighed before looking at him with a fond expression. "Don't you remember me?"  He asked, facing towards the sky. (M/n) tilted his head in confusion. "What do you mean, Alistair?"

"I'm your—" Then all of a sudden, everything distorted. The entire clearing broke down and immediately, (M/n) was falling, his scream echoing throughout the plane of darkness.

*~*~*~*~*

(M/n)'s eyes shot open before looking besides him. Alistair was sleeping facing the other way. His ears were tucked around his head as his body heaved up and down from his breathing. The (H/c) haired male released a shaky breath.

"I can't believe that turned into a nightmare so quick..." He whispered quietly to himself. His mind had such a bad habit of turning good dreams into nightmares. But...