[23] *~Alistair's Route~*

//First of all, I'm not good at writing fight scenes XD Second, I'm sorry if it isn't that good but I hope you still enjoyed it >w<//

Alistair stared at the man with the maniacal glint in his eyes. The Blue Caterpillar... Where had he heard that before? But right now, he'll set that off to the side and figure out how to save (M/n). His grip on the hilt of his sword tightened.

Meanwhile, Chess had managed to disappear out of the smoke filled area and reappeared near Alistair while  Allan tried to find a spell in the spell book to dispute the fumes surrounding them.

'Oh, for crying out loud!' He gave into his frustration and pulled out a charm off his belt. He shattered it down to the ground and immediately, a strong wind blew past them, casting the smoke away almost immediately. Lukas and the twins gasped for air and took deep breaths.

The Blue Caterpillar—whatever he called himself—clicked his tongue in annoyance. "You truly are a nuisance, Mad Hatter." He flicked his arm upwards and more smoke emanated from under his feet, forming tendril like forms. (M/n) tried to pull out of his grip but he kept on tightening it. He almost felt like his bones might break from how strong he was gripping his arm. 'What should I do?! I don't want to make the others do all the work! I should try to save myself at the very least!'

With those words in his head, (M/n) looked for ways that can save himself from this horrible man. He clenched his fist and looked at the distracted man. "Hey!" He yelled before planning to swing a punch on him. But before his fist could even reach his face, he was stopped. The Blue Caterpillar gripped on his fist as if it were just a small ball.

"That's a foolish move, (M/n). Especially if you're physically unfit for self defense." He said before turning his head and one of his smoke tendrils wrapped around (M/n)'s neck, choking him.

"(M/n)!" Alistair yelled and was about to sprint, when he saw a projectile shoot from where the twins were at. Pie rockets. He can't believe those tricksters even brought such a thing. But it managed to save some time. It hit The Blue Caterpillar right on the face while he was distracted with (M/n).

"Ugh! What is— Those blasted jokers—!" Before he could say another word another pie hit him on the face. The twins laughed. "How do you like apple pie!?"

"I despise it." Suddenly, the twins were being suspended by their feet several feet up the air by the tendrils, their pie cannons on the ground. Alistair took this chance to strike. He sprinted and gripped on his sword tightly. He dodged the incoming smoke tendrils that were attacking him and slashed at The Blue Caterpillar, but his sword got deflected right before the blade could touch a single place on his body. A tendril blocked his attack.

"Honestly, seven against one is too unfair. Actually, four. Because these three will be out for the count soon." A sinister smile crept up his face as he choked (M/n) even further, his face slowly changing color as he struggled for air. Meanwhile, the twins' were only dangling by their feet.

"Alistair! Chess! Take on that guy and save (M/n)! Allan and I will save the twins!" Lukas yelled from the other side of the clearing. He raced towards the hanging duo with Allan while Chess and Alistair were faced with the enemy.

Chess's claws grew and glinted, despite the lack of light. They looked more like small blades on his finger tips. Alistair gritted his teeth as he glanced at (M/n). They're losing precious time. They had to do something about those smoke tendrils.

Chess disappeared and reappeared behind The Blue Caterpillar, moving in to pounce, but was slammed into the ground by one of the smoke tendrils. Alistair ran towards the man and raised his sword. He thought he was going to get blocked by the tendrils again, but instead his blade was deflected by another sword. A long, deadly sharp blade with a dark blue grip. "Well then, how about we battle close combat?"