The Warriors of Kyoshi - Part 6

I looked up into the face of my savior. Of course, it wasn't really a saving grace but the devil himself. I looked away, thrashing against him.

"L-let go of me!" I cried. I set my feet firmly into the sand. Using all my remaining strength, I pushed away from him. He released me and I stumbled back, falling into the cold, wet sand. I scampered away trying to reach the water. The cool relief temporarily washed away the pain throbbing in my wrist.  I then examined the raw skin.

A maniacal laughed loomed in front of me. Zuko crouched down beside me. I turned from him but he hooked his forefinger under my chin turning me to face him. I squeezed my eyes shut, cutting off my steadily flowing tears, "Silly girl, you won't get away from me that easily." His gaze roamed my face but I kept my eyes shut, avoiding eye contact at all costs. I thought about trying to bend my way out of this but, mentally and physically, I was exhausted. "As long as you do as I say, you'll make it out alive. All I need is the Avatar," I stayed silent. The pad of his thumb stroked my cheek, wiping away the remnants of my tears. I flinched at his touch and drew in a sharp breath through my nose. His hand fell with a sigh, "Oh well, she's not going to talk. Tie her up. Let's go."

The rough rope rubbed rigorously against my wrists. Harshly, I was thrown onto the saddle of Zuko's rhino. I sat back to back with Zuko, glaring at his men that followed behind us. As they drug me back to the village I devised my plan of escape.

We entered the village and I could see many of its inhabitants hide away in their homes. The main street was empty. All of Zuko's men halted in front of Avatar Kyoshi's statue. Zuko rode his rhino until we were stopped in the center of the small town. I sat patiently waiting with my hands tied behind my back.

"Come out, Avatar! You can't hide from me forever!" Zuko beckoned, "I have something you might want!" I slipped the metal fan I had hidden in my robes out and slowly started to cut at my bindings. "Find him," he growled to his army. I cut until the rope was loose enough for me snap. I didn't break my bindings completely until I knew what Aang would do.

As the rhinos moved through the village I looked for any trace of my friends. All at once, the Kyoshi Warriors revealed themselves and began attacking Zuko's men. Fans flew and rhino riders were thrown from their saddles. Suki rushed towards Zuko and me. Quickly I snapped my bindings and leaped from the rhino. Running on adrenaline, I sprinted to the nearest pile of snow, melting it at will.

Angrily Zuko threw balls of fire at Suki. She successful avoided the flames and launched herself at him. With the quick sweep of the rhino's tail, Suki was thrown to the ground. Another fireball was hurled in her direction, but just in the nick of time, another Kyoshi Warrior blocked the flame's path with a swipe of a fan. I did a double take, suddenly realizing that that's not one of the warriors, but Sokka in the full uniform and face paint. So maybe it was Sokka in the training room before. I would've never thought I'd see Sokka in a dress.

I took the melted snow and whipped it at Zuko. The stream coiled around him. I angrily drew back and pulled him from the back of his rhino. The beast dashed away from him. Altogether, Suki, Sokka, and I surrounded the downed prince.