Polnareff and Chariot

"Old man, who were you calling?" Jotaro asked as Joseph had returned to the group. "Hm? Oh, I'll explain everything when we get to the shop. We need to work out a plan that will get us to Egypt as safely and as quickly as possible."

"A plan?"

"Mr. Joestar, we cannot allow any more innocent civilians to be hurt. The quickest way would be by plane, but..."

"Indeed. Its now become impossible for us to fly to Egypt. If we encounter another Stand user like the last one on a commercial flight, we're sure to cause a disaster that will harm many people. We'll need to get to Egypt by either land or sea." Joseph said, as you stuggled to read the menu. You sat between the two large teenagers, as an extra chair sat next to Joseph. "But if we fail to meet Dio within fifty days..." Avdol says whats on everyones mind. You all solemnly look down at the table, the males making light grunts of disapproval. Kakyoin, to the left of you, had his hands clasped together, and eyes closed, as if in prayer. "If we had stayed on that plane, we'd probably be in Cairo by now."

"I'm aware of that. But it's too soon to worry about it." Joseph said as his hands mimiced Kakyoin's. "A hundred years ago, Jules Verne wrote a story in which the protagonist traveled around the world in eighty days, traveling 40,000 kilometers. That was in the age of trains and steamboats. Even without a plane, in fifty days, we'll be able to travel the 10,000 kilometers to Egypt." Joseph pulled out a map that he stored in his coat. "As for the route..." We all hovered over the map. Joseph placed his finger above Hong Kong. "I say we go by sea." He begins to trace his finger along the shore of Vietnam. "We'll charter a suitably sized boat, go around the mayland peninsula, and cross the Indian Ocean. It'll be the Silk Road of the sea." Avdol nodded, "I believe that is best, as well. If we go by land, borders will be a hassle. And we'd have to cross the Himalayas and a desert. If we ran into trouble we'd lose a great deal of time. There are too many dangers." He finishes. "I haven't been to any of those places using either route, so I can't say anything. I'll leave it up to you two." Kakyoin said, as Jotaro nodded. "Same."

"You guys are the experts." You said causally as you sipped your tea. "Then its decided. The greatest danger will be the Stand users that Dio sends against us. We'll have to do our best to get to egypt without being spotted." Your eyes drifted from Joseph to a large man with equally large, silver hair. The two of you locked eyes, before your hand reached for Jotaro's, subconsciously. Jotaro looked over at you, as your fingers squeezed his under the table. Your eyes met and you quickly drew your hand away, before saying a quick sorry.

Clink. You looked to your left as Kakyoin lifted the lid to the tea pot. He lightly laughed at our confused looks. "This is a sign to let them know we want more tea. If you do this in Hong Kong, they'll bring you seconds." A Chinese lady walked up to the table carrying a full pot of tea. She smiled, and poured some in Kakyoin's cup. "Also, when they pour tea into your cup..." He lightly tapped the table twice with his index finger. "This means 'Thank you.'" The woman nodded, and walked away.

"Excuse me, do you have a moment? I'm a tourist from France, and I'm having a hard time reading the kanji on the menu. Would you please help me out?" A new voice said, as you stared at Kakyoin's filled cup. He scooted it over to you, offering for you to taste it. You sipped lightly, the warm flavor coating your mouth and throat. "You're annoying, go away." Jotaro said, throwing a thumb behind him. Your eyes glanced up to the face of the new voice. You turned back to Kakyoin, a slight fear in your eyes. The red head gripped your hand and squeezed it, smiling. You slightly relaxed, as Joseph scolded Jotaro for being rude and began ordering for us.

"Food with shrimp, duck, sharkfin and mushrooms?" Joseph raised his hand, as a waiter walked over. "We'll have this, this, this... and this, too. Oh, and this."

Moments later, the plates were brought out. "This looks like food with beef, fish, clams and frog, but..." Avdol said as the four of us loomed over the plates "Indeed. This is rather different." Kakyoin spoke up. "I am not eating frog." You stated. "I knew this would happen." Jotaro added. The stranger stared at the food in either awe or horror, its kinda hard to tell. Joseph laughed loudly, his hands up in surrender. "Well, it doesn't matter. It's on me! It doesn't matter what you order. It's all delicious! All right, everyone, dig in." You quickly dipped rice porridge into a bowl, and slightly sipped it, as Kakyoin did the the same with a clam. "Wow, this is..." He started. "Yummy!" You said, child like. The stranger laughed and stared at you, eyes full of something you couldn't quite put your finger on. Avdol took a bite of the fish, and grunted in satisfaction. "Well? Its pretty good, isnt it?" Joseph laughed again, as the stranger picked up a star shaped carrot with his chopsticks, and examined it. "Well, they've certainly taken a lot of time to prepare this. Look, these carrots... They're shaped like stars." You sat your bowl of soup down and watched the man in suspicion. "It reminds me of something..." The two of you lock eyes again, as you shift uncomfortably. The rest of the table stares at the man, as they lose interest in their food. "That's right. Someone I know has this exact mark on their neck..."

"You... Are you another..." He smiles and places the star at the base of his muscular neck, as the bowl of soup you were previously slurping began violently shaking, before a thin sword shot out of it.

"My soup!"
"Mr. Joestar, look out!"

both you and Avdol yelled simultaneously. "Its a Stand!" Joseph yelled, as Avdol flipped the table. "Magician's Red!" The Bird let out a screech as fire emerged from its throat. The sword swirled around, causing the fire to miss its mark. "What?! Another Stand user!" Avdol yelled, as the stranger controlled Magician's flames, turning them into a clock. "H-His sword is so fast..." Kakyoin comments.

"My Stand holds The Chariot card! Silver Chariot! Mohammed Avdol, it appears you want to die first. I've made a fire clock on that table! I will kill you by the time that clock burns to twelve!"

{1158 words}