8. Kiss, Kiss, Fuck Me Up

Later that night, Aaron, Andy, and I returned to my house. Connor had taken Chloe out to dinner and left the rest of us to go back home.

My parents were home when we got back. I greeted them as we walked in. The guys followed me in. They kindly said hello to my parents, trying to be as polite as possible.

"Cody!" Mom called as I walked into the kitchen.

"Yes?" I yelled back.

"There's food on the table if you're hungry," Mom yelled in response. "I believe there's enough for all of you."

"Thanks!" I called as I entered the dining room.

We sat at the table and started loading our plates full of food. I pulled my insulin pack from my bag and stuck in my needle before I began.

"Why do you have to do that?" Andy asked.

"I have diabetes," I replied, grimacing as I pulled out the needle. I really didn't like needles, but I had to deal with it. I just couldn't stop using them.

"Do you have to do that every time?" Aaron asked.

I nodded as I put everything away in its little bag. "Every single time. It's not fun, but it's whatever. I can deal."

Aaron and Andy both nodded. We continued eating and eventually went upstairs to my room. We sat on my bed and hung for a while. It was almost ten o'clock when Connor texted me.

I'm outside. Can you let me in? - Connor

Sure - Me

I got up and went downstairs. My parents were already in their room. I went to the front door and let Connor in. He seemed to be in a good mood.

"How was it?" I whispered as we walked up the stairs.

"Amazing," Connor replied quietly. "Cody, I think I found the girl."

I laughed quietly. "Good job, man. Have fun."

We made it upstairs and into my room. Connor sat in one of my chairs. We spent about another half an hour in my room before the guys headed off to the guest room. Before Aaron left, he kissed me on the head.

"Goodnight, Cody," Aaron murmured.

The other two guys whispered a goodbye over their shoulders as they left my room. I leaned back against the wall, smiling. I shook my head as I pulled out my phone to text Chloe.

Bro - Me

How was your date with Connor? You two were gone for awhile - Me

I put my phone on the charger and laid down, totally down for sleeping. Sleeping, food, skating, and biking were the only things that brought me joy. Soon, I fell asleep, dreaming of what could possibly happen with Aaron.

I woke up to someone shaking me. It was Connor, who was bent over and shaking me violently. I groaned and sat up.

"What?" I groaned.

"It's breakfast, Cody," Connor exclaimed. "Get the fuck up."

I groaned and got up. I walked down the stairs with Connor and went into the dining room. Everyone else was there. I sat next to Aaron. He placed a hand on my leg and squeezed.

"So," I started, "you guys just basically raided my kitchen and made breakfast?"

Andy walked out of the kitchen with a plate. "Yes. Here you go."

Andy placed a plate in front of me. It had scrambled eggs, sausage, and toast on it. It actually looked really good. I poked myself with the needle before starting. I really hated needles, but I had to deal with them. I didn't have a choice.