Chapter 1 - Dalton Adams: Bad Feeling

*Hey guys, so this is a new story! As I'm sure you saw, this story is called Those Worth Running From. I thank you so much for reading, I am really proud of this story so far. I will be uploading chapters in pairs, telling the point of view from the two main characters. The style I wrote this in (third person) is very different from what I usually write in. So please excuse if I slip up sometimes while writing. Once agian, thank you for reading. The picture is Dalton Adams. Remember to vote, comment, share and fan! Thank you, and enjoy these first two chapters!

~Stephanie ;)*

It was just a "normal" day, for the man named Dalton Adams. Though, it wasn't. The work day was harder than usual, more papers, less time to himself. For twenty-tree year old, he had quite a lot of work, and a very high job rank. Though, for him, there was something missing. There always is. He just didn't know what.

Though, this day, it felt different. There wasn't that missing space. There was only work, and panic. He had a feeling, an odd feeling, that there was a big unplanned event that was about to happen on this day. And he felt it was bad.

Though, he decided to try and let it go. It wasn't working very well. He didn't know what was giving him this feeling, and he thought that it was something very serious. So, he went to his supervisor, and told him about the feeling he had.

"Nonsense. It's just a feeling. It'll pass."

"But that's the thing, sir, ever since I woke up this morning, it hasn't passed." His supervisor thought about this for a minute. Though, he just ended up pondering if the young man had enough sleep the day before. He decided he didn't, and told him to take the day off.

"You have a lot of work. There's probably a lot of stress consuming you, you should take a break. Take the day off."

"But sir-"

"No argument. Just take the day off, get some good sleep, come in tomorrow." Dalton didn't want to accept this. Though, he didn't have much of a choice. So, he left, walking around town, hands in pockets, looking up. The feeling hadnn't gone away. It was still there.

And then he heard the sirens.

He turned his head to the right, where the police sirens were coming from. The feeling got even stronger. So, he ran to follow the police cars. Of course, he lost them several times. Though, he found them in the end. And it just led to the building he worked at.

The sight was horrid. There were dead bodies and blood everywhere- including his supervisor. They were all dead, and the sight made Dalton want to vomit. Yes, he had watched detective shows. Though, compared to the sight in front of him, those were children's shows.

Then he noticed somethig odd. Along with the policemen, there was a woman. Though, she wasn't one of them. She wore a mask, so all you saw were her eyes. Her hair was ocean blue, though, it got lighter as it got longer. It went to right above her hips, and here eyes were red in the middle, slowly spreading to become an orange close to the outsides of them. As far as he could tell, she was magnificent. He knew she wasn't part of the police force for one reason- her clothing choice. It wasn't a police uniform, she wore all black, not lether, but something close to spandex material. It covered her whole body, with a choice of combat boots on her feet.

He wondered why such a woman would be at the crime scene, helping the police. Then, he noticed. At first, he thought she was looking around. Though, as the red glow became more visable, he realized she was scanning the crime scene. With her eyes. Then, she noticed him.