Chapter 6 ~ Happy Birthday

Start from the beginning

"You coming?" He requests holding out his hand.

"Mmmhhhhmm," I manage, walking toward the blanket, my heels sinking into the ground. I slip out of them and onto the blanket, shucking off my jacket. I turn my back to him and undo my buttons, pushing the denim down my long legs as they pooled at my ankles and I step out. I had not been practically nude in front of any man in years and certainly not shown anyone all of my artwork. I could feel the cold air brushing lightly against my arse cheeks, lifting up my white shirt, I stood there in my matching white bra and G-string, I hear him gasp. My nerves were going crazy and I was shaking slightly as he ran his fingertips down my back, that was completely covered in purple and blue angel wings.

"You are remarkable," he whispered against my shoulder.

"C'mon you two?" Claire screams out.

"Yeah, the waters beautiful," Roland cries.

Ulric slides his hand over my shoulder and down my arm as I turn ever so slightly around, he pulls out my arms, revealing a tree with Elvish writing under one arm and a howling wolf under the other. He bent down and lightly kissed the wolf, no saliva could be found in my mouth, his light brown eyes gazed down towards my owl that sat underneath my breasts and flashed a dazzling smile.

"You are exceptional." He whispered again and cupped my hand gently, moving me to the water. My body was humming in ecstasy from his touch, the light caressing of my skin had set me on fire, I had no control over my body, mind or soul... all there was, was him.

As we enter the unusually warm water, I find my body relaxing, something it had not done since I found out my fate. The brook was a sanctuary, heaven on my tired and overworked muscles.

"Why do you hide your body?" He asks as we stand in shoulder deep water.

"I don't," confusion written on my face.

"You do, everyone tonight, including Claire was in revealing dresses, yet you show up in jeans and a jacket..."

"I'm sorry my attire offends you so," I cut him off with a pronounced crease in between my brows.

"No, that's not what I mean... I like that you're different but you have an incredible body, I wondered why you choose to cover it?"

"I choose to wear what I do out of how I feel that day and if I choose to wear a revealing dress, I will do so, only to capture the attention of the man I am with. My body is not something I share very often but it doesn't mean I don't ever dress with less decorum, I don't wish to have all eyes on me, just one pair, the eyes of my lover."

"I just don't think you realise, how alluring you are?" He floats closer to me, "I've never met anyone like you."

"My allure is inconsequential, my body is a tool, I was taught that pleasure comes from doing the right thing, my body is a weapon to create life and that's it." If you don't count the killings, I think to myself. "Claire has always been more girly than I, so I should warn you now that there better be a damn good reason for me to be in a dress in the first place," I smirk at him.

"It seems like you are not happy?"

"Arrow and I were given opportunities that others can only dream of; we have been all over the world, studied all over the world, with Myka, Claire and William plus a few other family friends."

"Are you happy?" I pondered his question for a moment.

"I don't know how to answer that?" He moves to cup my cheeks.

"I want to see you happy." He leans in closer, his hooded eyes trained on my lips.

"Ryyyyy?" Claire interrupts us, "what was that professors name that wore the tin foil hat?" we pull apart.