Chapter 1 ~ The Stranger

Song: Can't touch it - Ricki Lee
___________________________

...Ryder's POV...

The music reverberated around me, bouncing from wall to wall before it hit my ears as it slithered through my body. With my hips circling rhythmically, I moved with the sound, guiding it through my arms, allowing it to escape out the tips of my fingers and felt it washing along my legs, spilling out through the stomps in my expensive black open-toed heels.

The music always consumed my soul.

Beads of sweat began to gather on my forehead, top lip, and the base of my neck. I'd been dancing for hours, feeling the sound waves pulse through my system, grasping me in the hypnotic highs of the symphony while I mouthed the words silently, like a chant, soaring my energy higher and higher.

My long caramel coloured hair flipped lucidly with every movement of my head. My black dress shorts showing off those killer muscular legs, a feature I'd always adored about my frame. Paired with a black button-down dress shirt, exposing just a hint of my ample cleavage and rolled to the elbows, the outfit completed with large diamond studs.

I'd always enjoyed the rhythm, it would encapsulate my essence, and I would disappear, losing myself completely - until a song came along. The musical haze diminished, leaving me crashing out of my euphoria and back to reality.

Opening my chocolate brown eyes as the bass left, I realised it was time for a much-needed drink and was probably a good idea to find my friends I'd arrived with.

Looking out, I noticed I was surrounded by a gaggle of horny looking men that had been watching me as I moved. Chuckling to myself, I pushed through the circle, breaking them from the trance of my hips and headed for the bar.

"Ry, I'm surprised you didn't slip in amongst all that drool." My breathtaking short but muscular friend sat at the bar with her Lemon Ruskie, amused by the scene.

I threw my head back and laughed. "I had no idea any of them were there." Leaning across the bar, I shouted, "Vodka and Redbull." The bartender nodded with a wink.

I glanced at my beautiful friend, her shoulder-length black hair curled to perfection, her bright blues stood out against the dark make-up, and her bright red lips sat in a natural pout. "You should get out there," I pointed with a head tilt to the dance floor.

"No thanks, I'm next on the pool tables." My girl motioned with the neck of her drink, "Myka and William are waiting for our turn while attempting to tune those girls."

I glanced over at the pool tables, and my heart sank for my friend. "Claire, just tell him."

"Tell who, what?" Claire failed to hide the jealousy that flashed in her blue orbs.

"Myka, I know you like him. I'm not blind... but I think he is." I placed my hand on my friend's shoulder encouragingly just as the drink appeared in front of me, giving her a sympathetic smile.

"We are just friends... Yep, friends... and that's it. Come on; it's probably our turn." Claire collected her drink and headed towards the tables with me falling in behind, feeling sad for Claire. I knew her night out would be spent pining after a guy that had no concern for her feelings.

"Well, here they are..." William slapped his hand down on the felt. "Lovely ladies, may I introduce Britney and Bobby," he gestured to the two very young women standing beside him. They gazed at William with stars in their eyes.

Oh, how naïve they are.

Yes, William was attractive, with his forest green eyes, tanned skin, blonde curly locks slicked back with gel, but his cock had been shared enthusiastically around the town. I knew those girls were guaranteed to go home the same as the others he mercilessly used and then tossed... with the empty promise of something more.