Chapter 6 ~ Happy Birthday

Song: Running On Sunshine - Jesus Jackson

__________________

...Ryder's P.O.V...

It wasn't so much of a jealousy thing that had me storming out. Okay, let's be honest, I was a little jilted, but it was more that I should never have been there in the first place. I know what my future holds and freedom to fall in love was not in my cards; her kissing him just confirmed that.

I had accepted my fate a long time ago and I never allowed myself to entertain the idea of love before him. Before Ulric sat there, looking absolutely divine with a pool stick in his hand and a whole bad boy, sexy as hell, image going on. Before he sent me endless texts about how he thinks of me, asks me how my day was? And what I was thinking? I was fine with my life. Fine... Just fine, not happy, just okay.

Ulric was funny, kind and made me feel things I feared to feel before, he was unique, intimidating yet encouraging, he wanted to know me, but I could never let him in, he would never understand. My family were bred a certain way and life was full of rules and responsibility, I could not drag anyone into that chaos.

"Can we continue our night?" He asked sheepishly.

"I don't want to back in there." Truth was, I didn't want to see that girl again, I was created to kill and if she pushed my buttons, who knows how far I'd go?

"Roland, let's take the girls to our 'special place' I'll grab the towels."

"Yes, what special place?" Claire shouts.

"Towels?... what?" I asked and was pulled by my hand, into the passenger's seat of a big black, Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 with a squealing Claire in the back seat.

"Hey, Ry?" She taps me on the shoulder, "I wonder if Ulric's is as big as Roland's?"

"You are such a pervert!" I smack her and she laughs as Roland opens the door.

"Hey cutie, I grabbed some drinks for all of us and snacks... do you think we'll need anything else?" I watched as Claire's heart melted. Myka had never cared what Claire thought, how she felt or showed her any affection in public and despite it being such a small gesture, I could tell it meant the world to her and she thanked him by swallowing his face... eww, I thought.

"Ready?" Ulric climbed into the truck and started the engine.

"Why were you having a party anyway?" I asked after driving for a bit.

"It's Ulric's birthday," Roland chimes in.

"Oh my god, we have to go back, it's for you and you can't leave your own party, turn around we have to go back," I panic.

"No, I'm exactly where I want to be." He reaches over and entwines our fingers, squeezing firmly with a smile on his face.

"Happy birthday," I reply and blush at his action... Why am I blushing?

"Thank you." His eyes leave the trail to focus on mine, for just a brief moment, then snaps back as my cheeks flush wildly.

We pull up to the most amazing stream I'd ever seen, the moon shone brightly, illuminating the crystal clear water.

We exit the car and the other two go running toward the water stripping off on the way there, while I awkwardly stand, trying to remember what underwear I put on? Ulric throws a blanket onto the ground and pulls the picnic basket out of the back before sliding out of his shoes and slipping his jeans down, revealing thick and muscular legs. My mouth fell slack as I crossed my legs, squeezing my thighs together, perving as he grasped the hem of his shirt, exposing bonds trunks and slowly lifted as my mouth went dry. His impeccably toned and taut back, every curve expertly carved, my breaths became short and laboured, pants and puffs, unveiling my lack of any control.