Chapter Five

Light seeped through my blinds, awakening me from my deep, hung over, slumber. I winced at the pounding headache and sore back that was disturbing my peaceful morning. I grabbed a pillow and pushed it over my face. I did not want to get up nor did I want to face my parents. Despite the pillow practically suffocating me, I heard a car door slam from the driveway. I listened as the front door flew open. There was some chatter from my parents but then quick footsteps stomped up the stairs.

"What the hell Cason?" Lena's angry voice badgered. I pulled the pillow down slightly, revealing only my eyes as I took in Lena. She did her hair and makeup today, and wore a cute outfit- probably hoping to run into Tommy. My mom followed in behind her.

"Lena, honey, I'm sorry, but you can't be here right now, Cason is grounded," My mom said, attempting to sound sympathetic.

"Mrs. Byers," Lena started, with a nicer tone than how she was talking to me. "It's really important I talk with Cason for a couple minutes. I'm sorry for barging in, but I wouldn't have if it wasn't important," She explained, shooting my mom pleading eyes. My mom sighed.

"Five minutes," She granted, walking out of my mom. I rolled my eyes. Lena was always getting her way and I was hoping my mom would kick her out just so she wouldn't. Lena shut the door behind her, walking up to me and crossing her arms. She popped her hip, looking at me with raised eyebrows.

"What?" I groaned, sitting up. I knew exactly why she was here, but I wanted to see how this would play out.

"What? Seriously? You're just going to call me a 'effing bitch' and then not respond to any of my texts? What could I have possibly done that I deserved that? I've been nothing but a good friend to you," She snapped. My eyebrows pinched together, shocked she was trying to act like the victim here. I let out a laugh, fighting the urge to scream at her and call her on her lies. "Oh so this is funny? What is going on with you Cason?" She asked, sitting down on the end of my bed.

"Nothing. What's going on with you, Lena?" I shot back, sitting on the information a bit longer.

"Cason, is it that boy? Did you do something you regret? You can tell me, we tell each other everything-"

"Oh yeah Lena? Do we?" I spat. That boy? She knew Sirus. If Lena went to Nowhere, then she definitely knew him. He face changed, and for a brief moment I thought she'd fold.

"Yes? Of course we do," She answered, trying to keep the innocent front up.

"I thought Tommy was smarter than this," I laughed, shaking my head. What an idiot. He didn't tell her that he confessed? I'm surprised they lasted this long without my knowing. She frowned, her head shooting back a second.

"Tommy? Your brother? What the hell does he have to do with any of this?"

"Wow, you really are something," I replied, with my mouth wide open. She was quiet a moment as she looked down at her lap. She sucked her lips back into her mouth. "Yeah, Lena... I know. I know everything," I added quietly. She looked up at me, her eyes welled with tears.

"I was going to tell you!"

"Lena,"

"I didn't want to hurt you!"

"Lena," I repeated.

"I just knew you wouldn't approve-"

"LENA!" I yelled exasperated. "Just shut up for a second!" He face recoiled. I never yelled at her before, so I'm sure she was shocked. I rubbed my temples in a circle, closing my eyes and sorting out my words. I wasn't sure what to say. I thought I'd have more time until I had to confront her. Her crocodile tears weren't phasing me. I knew her too well. That girl could turn on the water works anytime to get her way.