4: Charlie Knows

I'm in the Living Room, as Alice is putting contacts in my eyes. "These will irritate your eyes at first since your a Vampire now." She says, and Carlisle steps in front. "The main thing is not to move too fast." He says, as Esme walks up. "Try taking a seat. Put one leg on top of the other." She says, smiling, and I stand up, and turn around, dashing to the chair, and it scoots back against the wall, and I put my left leg on top of my right, sitting up perfectly straight. "Maybe a bit slower. Hm." Esme says, smiling, as Carlisle pinches his rightindex finger and thumb together, smiling, and puts his hand down. "And blink at least five times a minute." Alice says, and I blink seven times. "Good." She says, smiling, and I nod. "For a cartoon character." Paul says, as I look at him, and Andy playfully smacks his chest with his right hand. "Hold your breath. It will help with the thirst." Carlisle says, as I look at him, and hold my breath, placing my hands in my lap. "Just don't forget to move your shoulders so it looks like you're breathing, love." Edward says, as I look at him, and roll my shoulders backwards. "And don't sit so straight. Humans don't do that." Rosalie says, nodding, as I look at her, and slouch a little, and stand up. "Alright. I got it. Move, blink, slouch. Not move too fast, though." I say, and hear a car approaching outside, and hear footsteps approaching the door, and Edward and I look at each other, and I give a small smile, seeing Alice, Carlisle, and Esme leave. "Good luck." Esme says, smiling, and I see Rosalie walk behind her, and I dash to the couch, and Edward sits next to me, as we're holding hands, and I see Dad walk in, and Edward stands up, as I put my hands in my lap, noticing Carlisle and Paul are also in the room. "Corn." Dad says. "Hi, Dad." I say. "Are you okay?" He asks. "Never better. Healthy as a horse. Everything's fine." I say, and he looks at Paul, and back to me. "You don't turn into an animal, too, do you?" He asks, and I give a small smile, as Paul laughs, and I shake my head. "He wishes he was that awesome." Paul says, smiling at me, and Edward and I look at each ofhef. "Let's give them some privacy." Edward says, walking past Charlie, and he, Carlisle, and Paul, walk off, and Dad approaches me, and I scoot over to the left, turning away from him, and feel him sit down, and I slowly turn to him. "Paul, uh. Said that this. This was necessary. That you had to.. change. What does that mean?" He asks, and I shake my head. "I think it would be better.." I say, and he interrupts me. "I wanna know what happened to you." He says. "I can't tell you." I say. "I think I deserve an explanation." He says. "You do. You really do. But if you actually need one, I can't stay here in Forks." I say, and he stands up. "Come on! No! No more going away!" He exclaims. "Dad, you're just gonna have to trust that for whatever reason, I'm all right. I'm a hell of a lot better than all right. Can you live with that?" I ask. "Can I live with that? Well, I don't know, Corn. I just watched a kid I've known his entire life turn into a very large dog. A Werewolf, actually. My son looks like my son. But doesn't. You even have that new "all black" style going on. You're not wearing a flannel." He says, and I stand up, walking over to him. "The flannel is still part of my wardrobe. Can you please just believe that I'll tell you anything that you need to know?" I ask. "And I don't need to know this?" He asks. "No. Seriously, you don't." I say. "Well.. I'm not gonna lose you again. Not to no serial killers or kidnappers or your insane birth family. Wait. Is that what this is about?" He asks. "Dad. You won't lose me. I promise." I say, and he sighs, and wraps his arms around my back, and so do I. "I missed you, Corn. So much." He says. "I missed you, too, Dad." I say, and we release. "You know, Berty told me something when I was interrogating him." He says. "What did he say?" I ask, concerned. "That supernatural creatures exist and that you're not human. He also said the Cullens were va-." He says, and I interrupt him. "And you believe him?" I ask, giving a small laugh. "I didn't until I saw Paul. Is it true? Are you different?" He asks, and I look down, sighing. "I'm half archangel, ok? Descendant from Heaven." I say, and he gives a light chuckle. "Wouldn't doubt it. So, I'm guessing that means the Cullens.." He says. "You seriously can't say anything to anyone. The secret can only be kept safe with me." I say. "Why?" He asks. "Because I'm.. special." I say, nodding, and see Edward walk in. "Everything ok in here?" He asks, as I walk over to him, and Dad offers him a handshake with his right hand, and Edward shakes it with his right. "Take care of my son." Dad says. "Always." Edward says, and they release. I'm outside with Edward, Jasper, and Emmett, as Dad is driving off, and Edward and I smile at each other. "Well done, Cor." Jasper says, as I look at him. "Never seen a newborn show that kind of restraint." He says, and I give a small nod. "I'm not sure he is a newborn. He's so.. tame." Emmett says, smiling, as I look at him. "Emmett, do not antagonize him. He's the strongest one in the house and probably forever consider what he is." Edward says, and Emmett scoffs, cracking his knuckles. "Oh, please. Come on, Corn Cob." He says. I'm in the back with the rest of the Cullens, as Emmett is carrying a huge rock, and sets it down on the log in front of me. "Don't hurt yourself, Emmett." Edward says, as I put my right hand on the rock, leveling my elbow with his, and he puts his right hand in mine, and we intertwine our fingers. "All right. On three. One. Two. Three!" Jasper exclaims, and I add pressure onto Emmett's hand as he's grunting, and we hold in place, as he smirks at me, and I give a small chuckle, seeing him strain, trying to tip my hand to his side, as I add more strength, pulling his hand over to my side, and it knocks into the rock, smashing the side of it, and I let his hand go, laughing, and hear applauds from behind, and turn to Edward, as he's smiling and laughing. "Did you see that?" I ask, and turn back to Emmett, and begin smashing and kicking the rock, and we all chuckle. "Good game, Corn Cob." Emmett says, offering his right hand, and I shake it with my right. "Had fun getting your ass kicked by a vegetable?" I ask, sarcastically, and we release, and notice the sun peeking out through the distance of the woods, and dash over to them, in direct sunlight, as I smile. My time as a fragile angel human is over. And I've never felt more alive. I was born to be a vampire. A vampiric archangel. Everything is falling into place. Even the Volturi, my original family, seems to accept my new status. Especially Caius and Dantel. I'm in the Living Room with Edward, opening a gift from the Volturi, seeing it's a Volterran ring to go with the necklace, as it's also golden. Though they'd want proof eventually. Edward picks up the letter with his right hand. "I so look forward to seeing the new Mr. Cullen. Congratulations, Aro." I read aloud.