Chapter 23: Pills and Embarrassment

Start from the beginning

Jasmine held out her hand to my father. But, of course, Dad had to be extra and pulled her into a hug instead.

She seemed surprised by it, and I was too.

"It's an honor to finally get to meet you, Mr. Hollen," she said with a beautiful smile as Dad pulled out a chair for her.

She sat down beside him and at that I knew exactly what he was trying to do.

"So tell me, Miss Blackman, do you love working here with my son?"

I could see her blush.

Aww, she's blushing.

"Yes, Mr. Hollen. He's the best boss on the planet and I love this company, and I love what I do," she answered with no expression on her face now.

"Very good. I'm happy to hear that. How long you've been working here?"

"One year and a month exactly."

"Okay. Very nice."

She and dad continued talking about other things that were leading to me slowly but surely. I knew he would do this so, before he embarrassed the woman, I dismissed her.

"Why did you do that?" he asked me, when she left the office and went back to her desk to start her daily tasks.

"Because I know what you're trying to do Dad."

"Oh, well, I just wanted to know if she feels the same way about you."

"I don't feel any type of way for my personal assistant," I lied through my teeth.

"Oh yeah? Then why did you get so distracted when she walked in here? Your whole firm demeanor changed to that of a lost puppy."

"What! I wasn't lost."

"Yes you were. Admit it. Do you like her?"

I wasn't about to put my guard down for my father, or anybody else for that matter.
What I felt for Jasmine couldn't be pursued just yet. I admitted to myself that I did have feelings for her, but I was not about to take anything to another level so soon.

"Dad, the relationship I have with my employees is strictly professional--" I began but he cut me off.

"Don't feed me that. I'm your father. I know you. But it's your life and your decision. All I'm saying, is that she's beautiful and it's going to hurt you if you see her in the arms of another man."

My mind instantly flashed back to Bradley. I wanted to murder that piece of shit for holding hands with her and taking her to the hospital instead of me. I shook that thought away and placed it at the back of my head.

"That's not going to happen," I let out.

"Okay. Back to business," he replied and we looked through papers after papers in order to hire another solid team.

Another knock came on my door and in walked Jessica in a tight red dress, red heels and her blonde hair was curled. Her face was caked with makeup. I wasn't in a mood for dealing with her.

"Hey baby," she said in her annoying voice.

Everything about her was now annoying to me.

Dad looked at her then back at me.

"Good morning, Jessica," I said without even looking at her.

"Oh, hi, Mr. Hollen. How are you doing?" she asked my father, holding out her hand to him.

"Dad, you remember Jessica Hills from high school?" I asked as a form of introduction.

"Oh right, right. Miss Hills. I'm doing great; how are you?" he answered, shaking her hand.

No hugs for Jessica.

"What are you doing here Jess?" I already wanted to get rid of her.

"Oh, I just came by to give you this." She unzipped her bag and handed me a bottle of male enhancement pills.

I couldn't understand what had gone through Jessica's mind to bring these for me.

Dad began to snicker.

My eyes blazed at Jessica, wishing she could catch on fire in front of me.

"Why the fuck are you giving me this?" I asked angrily. I was embarrassed.

"Baby, are you sure you want to discuss this here? In front of your dad?"

I flew up from my seat and threw the bottle into the trash.

"Jessica, get out of my office," I said in a calm voice.

It's always quiet before the storm.

I didn't want to get on the other side with her because I knew she was always emotional, and I didn't want her crying and making a scene in front of my father. I would look even worse in his eyes.

"Baby, why did you throw it away when you know you're having problems?"

"You're having problems, son?" dad asked, throwing back his head and laughing.

Jessica was laughing too.

"THIS ISN'T FUNNY!" I snapped.

"No, it's a very serious thing; that's why I went out and got you some pills. It would help Evan," she said.

Dad laughed more.

"Dad!" I yelled at him.

"Okay, I'm sorry," he said holding his chest. "Jessica, my son and I are in the middle of something. Can you come back later on?"

"NO! DON'T COME BACK!" I yelled at her.

"Of course, I'll be back," she said cheerfully and left.

I sat down and buried my face in my hands.

"It's never a dull moment with Jessica," Dad said with a big smile on his face.

I only hoped she didn't come back.

_____________

A/N

Oh Jessica... lol

*Please Don't Forget To Vote*
Thanks everyone.