Chapter 38

HARRY'S POV

I run a frustrated hand through my hair as I pace in front of Francois who is waiting far more patiently than I am at the front door.

It's been a few days since the test and we have barely left this house since, too caught up in each other to bare another persons company or the distraction of the world around us.

We were meant to leave five minutes ago to catch a boat to secret spot on a neighbouring island but if Olivia doesn't hurry the fuck up we are going to miss out on the opportunity all together and that can't happen. Not tonight.

I hear her open and close another draw in the bedroom and the last thread of tolerance i'm desperately holding onto, snaps.

I storm into the bedroom to find her looking confused, a white and blue printed dress on and a sweater in each hand.

"Do you think it'll be kinda cold or really cold tonight?"

"Olivia, we need to fucking go. Bring both!"

"Harry, just give me a minute! I don't need bo-" I'm interrupting by snatching the sweaters off her and shoving them both into a straw beach bag on the bed.

She makes her cranky face that's half pout, half frown but she looks so cute that whenever she does it I have to do everything in my power to stop myself from laughing.

I bite the corner of my mouth to try and stop the smile creeping across my face and she rolls her eyes knowing I'm not taking her seriously.

"Darling, it's already 9.35pm on New Years Eve and the drivers are ridiculously busy, we need to go right now. Please!" I beg her, picking up the bag and moving towards the door before she has time to respond, resisting the temptation to throw her over my other shoulder and physically drag her out myself.

———-

OLIVIA'S POV

I don't know what the fuck has gotten into Harry today. After the emotion from taking that test died down a few days ago we have been having the most amazing time, waking up lazily, eating delicious food, lying by the pool or walking along the beach, spending every other waking moment laughing and kissing, tangled in the soft white bed linen. His skin has become so golden and sun kissed that his captivating eyes look greener and his teeth whiter against his intoxicating mouth.

Today is different, today he's anxious and snappy, I get I was dawdling a little to get ready to go after dinner but he's barely spoken two words to me since we arrived on this other island.

We had to take a speed boat to get to this secluded beach where Francois had told us has the best view of the fireworks and the driver dropped us off before Harry quickly dismissed him, completely disregarding my concerns about how and when we will be getting picked up to go back.

It's been about an hour and we are sitting side by side on a bed of towels and I'm staring up at the stars shining impossibly bright above us. The moonlight is illuminating the water and ricocheting onto us, Harry's face looking perfect in the soft glow. I lean back onto my arms, my limbs stretched out, maybe subconsciously overcompensating for Harry who is sitting cross legged, arms folded and staring straight ahead rather than up at the sparkling sky.

I watch as he reaches into the bag and pulls out a bottle of champagne and two glasses. He pops the corks and his usual charismatic self doesn't even react as he pours the bubbly liquid into the flutes.

"Um, Harry? I'm sorry I was running late, I didn't mean to ruin your night." I say softly as I take a glass, my fingers running over his tense back in an attempt to break him out of his seriousness.