Chapter 33 - Home Is Where Heart Is

Start from the beginning

"Do you like lobster?" he asked, and I raise my eyes to him. I think that might be the first genuinely curious question he's asked about me personally.

"I love it," I tell him. "You?"
"Never had it," he said.

"What the what?" I ask dramatically as I close my menu and set it down. "You've never had lobster before?"

"Nope," is all he says.

"Then you have to try it," I tell him firmly.

"Okay." He puts his menu down and doesn't even open it.

"But it's expensive," I feel the need to provide, as he didn't even bother to look at the market prices for the day that would be printed on a piece of paper in the middle.

"Then you should have it too," he says gruffly.

"Well, okay then," I say, giving him a tentative smile, silently marveling to myself that for a man who doesn't want this to be a date, or confess that he loves me, he sure is pulling out all the stops to impress me.

"If it isn't my favorite person in the entire world," I hear Jacinta say from my left as she walks up to the table and pours water into my glass. I glance up at her, but she's staring across the table at Rohan, who sits to my opposite. Then she turns to look down at me and gives me a wink. "Oh, and hey, Aisha. Good to see you too."

I grin at her, but then give her a mock pout. "I thought I was your favorite person in the world."

"No," She drawls out as she puts her free hand on her hip and waves the mostly empty water pitcher at Rohan. "He's now my favorite person after that epic show he put on the other day. I think his tour in Paris overall, is probably one of his best."

I purse my lips and give her an accommodating nod. "That's true. It was epic, and I can see how your loyalties would change."

Jacinta laughs and blows me a kiss, then sticks her hand across the table to Rohan. "We weren't formally introduced the other day, but I'm Jacinta Freeman. Friend to Aisha here, and well, she really is my favorite person in the world. But you're a close second." Her Russian accent is so cute, it makes me pour out a hearty laugh.

Rohan smiles at her, and I have to admit it's a beautiful smile. He shakes her hand and says, "I love it here so much. If I had the time, I might done a few more shows."

Jacinta laughs as she releases his hand, and then leans over to pour his water. "Okay, you're my favorite again. Aisha will just have to be satisfied with second best."

And to my surprise, Rohan chuckles and that's even more beautiful. His face actually changes and his eyes lighten up. He looks approachable and I have to resist the urge to lean over and kiss him.
Instead, I look back up at Jacinta. "We're going to both have the crab soup and full lobsters."

"What to drink?" She asked with efficiency.

"I'm fine with water, Rohan will have beer I guess?" I say, looking over at him.

"Whatever Aisha says." Rohan spoke, nodding towards me. And I think at that time I just held on to the table, or I would've been straddling him, showering many kisses.
Hold on, Aisha.

"I'll go put your orders in and be right back with the soups."
I watch for a moment as Jacinta walks to the next table to check on them before I turn back to Rohan. "And that crazy girl is one of my best friends. Type of friend who I don't see everyday, but is one of the few I can trust. After Tina she helped me alot, adjusting in Paris."

"She's funny," Rohan observes. "And she clearly adores you."

"Not as much as she adores you apparently," I say dryly. "But the feeling is mutual."