PROLOGUE

I couldn't exactly pinpoint when's the first time I caught glimpse of her nor the first time I heard her voice. What I clearly remember though was the first time I saw her smile and the first time I heard her laugh. Her smile was simple yet beautiful, and her usual laugh was nice, a soft giggle where most people only let out when they're either flushed or blushing.

I also remember the first time she entered my classroom. She was wearing a nice dress, probably a new one, and it was during English. I hadn't looked up then because I was too enthralled about what's going to happen next on Moby Dick. I had just finished a chapter when I looked up and saw her standing there, smiling and I'd missed her introduction. That was also the first time I saw her smile. I also thought that I'd never seen someone so beautiful.

The first time I heard her laugh was during lunchtime, that same day. I was walking toward my table when I saw her sitting at another one, laughing about some joke her new friend made. It was soothing, her laughter. I was a bit stressed out about a few things at that point in time and it made me kind of calm for a while.

But that was sophomore year of middle school, the year that I met her and the year we became friends. Now she's my best friend and my partner in crime. And, if I may allow, my secret crush.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I remember the first time I saw him. He was sitting at his table in English, mesmerised by the book he was reading at that time, Moby Dick. I had this first impression that he was one of those nerdy and shy kid who only likes to talk about comic books and Marvel movies, which, don't get me wrong, I actually love.

For my whole introduction, he kept reading the damn book and it was as if he thought this book contains the profound mysteries of the depths of the sea. I was a bit disappointed actually. I wanted him to look up at me, because he was cute. No, really. He was. After I was done, only then did he look up.

I could still picture the look on his face clearly when he saw me. I giggled a bit inside. He had this look on his face, obviously showing that he'd never seen someone so beautiful, which of course was ridiculous because I'm not beautiful.

That was one of the times that I won't forget. Of course I won't. That was the first time we made eye contact, my best friend and I. My partner in crime. And, I won't deny, my secret crush.