8

Two Months Later

"Good morning beautiful" Ace whispered in my ear before placing a kiss on my forehead.

My eyes fluttered open and were immediately met with Ace's tall, slender, tattooed, half naked body standing over me with a tray of food in her hands.

"Good morning, what's this?" I asked referring to the tray in her hands.

"Well considering what took place last night i just thought i should bring you breakfast in bed" she replied in a joking manner.

I playfully rolled my eyes at that remark and sat up in the bed. Ace placed the tray down in front of me and my mouth began to salivate as i gazed over the fresh plate of food in front of me; homemade french toast with powdered sugar on top, 2 slices of thick cut bacon, scrambled cheese eggs, a flaky butter biscuit, freshly cut strawberry slices and nice hot cup of coffee with sugar and hazelnut nut creamer on the side. The way Ace was so attentive and caring, it truly made my heart smile.

"Thank you for this" I said smiling as i looked up at Ace "Anything for you" She replied before placing a quick kiss on my lips "Now eat we have a full day today"

"Are you not eating?" I questioned watching her walk towards the door.

"Yea i'm about to go fix me a plate right now" she answered nodding.

Before i could even dig into all the food in front of me i had to find something to watch. I scrolled through Netflix for a little while before finally just settling on rewatching Orange Is The New Black for maybe like the 100th time. I started to eat but something just didn't feel right. Ace had been downstairs for quite some time and i thought that she would just be making her plate and coming back upstairs to eat with me but i guess i was mistaken. I climbed out of the bed and grabbed the tray of food then made my way downstairs only to find Ace sitting ate the counter with a plate of food in front of her as she typed away on her phone.

"Is there something wrong?" Ace asked looking up from her phone as i put the tray down on the counter.

"Yea why didn't you ever come back upstairs?" I asked sliding into the chair next to her.

"I got distracted, Chris and Blue started texting me" she explained as she placed it face down on the counter.

"Oh well i just wanted to eat with you" I pointed out and she smiled "Your so cute."

We sat there eating and conversing here and there when out of the blue Ace's phone started chiming back to back as if someone was sending her a thousand texts in a row. We both tried to tune the sound out but you could see the annoyance just radiating off of her. Her phone started to ring and i rolled my eyes as i looked over at Ace.

"Are you gonna answer that?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

Ace picked up her phone off the counter to look at the caller ID then quickly hit the decline button "It's nobody important" she said as she placed her phone face down back on the counter. It seemed like just as soon as the phone made contact with the counter top it started to ring and Ace again declined the call but whoever it was made it very clear that they just absolutely desperately needed to speak with her because for the third and finale time her phone rang.

"Seems pretty important to me" I pointed out growing frustration with the whole situation.

Ace rolled her eyes out of frustration as she picked up her phone. I watched as she hit the green answer button and bring the phone to her ear "what the fuck did i tell you about blowing my phone up like that" she barked into the phone.