His girlfriend

I sit surrounded by Aaron, Holly, Natalie, Summer and Melissa, laughing and chatting; after it had taken almost an hour for Aaron and Summer to convince me to come back into the party.

We were all laughing when I felt a presence behind me and the other's laughter was cut short.

   "What do you want Flynn?" I ask, knowing it had to be him.

   "To dance" He replies simply.

Summer's lips pinch together as she tries to conceal her smile.

Turning in my chair, I glare quizzically up at him. He holds his hand out to me. His eyes have that mischievous glint in them that I've grown to love.

   "You gonna dance with me or are you just gonna keep me standing here?"

Filled with curiosity, I place my hand in his and stand. Flynn escorts me to the dance floor, where conveniently a slow song begins playing. He stands facing me, one hand still gripping mine and the other is rests gently on my waist.

I sway in sync with Flynn, not a word spoken between us. Just the music and our two beating hearts, okay so mine's racing but you know what I mean.

Relaxing in his familiarity, I rest my head on his shoulder. Flynn's head tilts slightly, resting against mine. His hand moves around to my back, nearing our bodies.

I don't know what's going to happen when this song comes to an end; but for another two minutes I can just enjoy this moment in his arms. The peace between us is rare yet golden; and although I can feel the gazes of everyone on us, I still feel as though he and I are the only two people here.

Flynn lifts his head and I feel him kiss the top of my head. It's then I realize the song has ended and my reality must continue.

I lift my head and look at him through my glassy eyes. The songs have quickened but we remain in our stance, unmoved.

   "I miss you" He confesses bluntly. "I miss tormenting you, arguing with you, hearing your laugh, seeing your smile and well, everything about you" He gazes at me waiting for a response but I can't find the words, any words. "You're more trouble than I ever imagined one girl could be but I don't care, I'd do whatever I had to, to keep you safe" With every word he speaks I find it harder to hold back my tears.

   "You're going to ruin your rep and any chance with these girls"

Flynn chuckles amusingly "I really couldn't care about my fake rep or any other girl but the one in my arms right now"

   "Flynn..."

   "If the next sentence to come from your mouth is out of concern for your own feelings, I don't want to hear it" He interrupts "Individually we know we're not exactly the relationship type but maybe together we are" His mouth turns into the most gentle smile I've ever seen on him. "What do you say Trouble? Will you give this stubborn asshole a shot?"

   "What about Nikki, or Jenny"

   "Are they in my arms right now, listening to me pour my heart out to them?" I shake my head in reply. "Exactly, so you have nothing to worry about. They're just girls" He chuckles, inching closer to me. "You're the only girl who's slept in my bed and I want it to stay like that for as long as you'll have me"

   "You promise to treat me the same way in school as you do outside?" I question and he laughs lightly.

   "I promise to treat you the same no matter where we are or who's around; If you promise the same"

His grey eyes lighten to a bluer shade and I feel like a million butterflies have been released into my stomach.

I nod my head vigorously.