Surprises

I woke in an unfamiliar surroundings. Something heavy pinning me to the bed.  I groggily look around the dimly lit room to find Flynn asleep beside me, his arm resting across my torso.

I kind of don't want to disturb him. He looks so peaceful.

My gaze lingers at his lips. The same lips that smashed into mine, sending bolts of electricity through me. The ones that teased me, baffled me and left me longing for more.

   "Sorry" He croaks sleepily, pulling his arm from across me, freeing me but I instantly miss the warmth of him against me.

I sit up, noticing that I'm under the duvet.  "I really just fell asleep last night didn't I?" I wince. Flynn nods, running his hand through his messy hair. I sit, dreading the thought of what my hair looks like but not caring about Flynn's opinion. "You could have just woke me and kicked me out"

   "I tried but you sleep like an ogre, and snore like one too"

   "I don't snore" I squint at him.

Taking the nearest cushion, I hold it above my head and forcefully slam it down against his chest.

   "Seriously?" Flynn barely asks before I hit him again. His arms cross above his face, protecting it from the cushion hits..

I kneel up, bashing him with the cushion; until Flynn finally grows tired of getting beaten and pounces at me. I fall over with his weight, Flynn's body on top of me.

He pins one of my hands to the bed, above my head; but the other, with the cushion, is still free and I'm trying to hit him with it.

His head drops, resting against my shoulder, almost nuzzling into my neck avoiding the cushion and ceasing me. His stubble bristles against my skin, sending tingles through me and the distinctive scent of his shampoo ensnare my senses.

He slowly lifts his head, taking this chance of stillness to pin my other arm to the bed. I don't fight it. I'm too enthralled by him. The curve of his mouth. The glint in his grey blue eyes. The ripples of his toned torso.

His eyes lock with mine and we both just stay there, our breathing heavy from the pillow fight and laughter conjoined.

I haven't laughed this much in such a long time.

My heart races in my chest. Butterflies flutter in my stomach. His eyes flicker to my lips as he slowly encloses and then.. my phone vibrates.

We freeze.

His head retracts and he releases my pinned hands and climbs off me, off the bed.

I sit up and retrieve my phone from the locker. "Shit it's almost nine, my parents are going to kill me" I panic, not even bothering to read the text from Anthony. The message that disturb what I wanted more than anything right now. His touch.

   "I text your mam" Flynn says faintly. He's sat on the end of the bed. His back to me and his hung slightly. "I used your phone. said you were staying in Nat's". 

He sounds different. I'd never heard him speak like this before. He sounds almost deflated.

I want him to look at me. I want to see the emotion in his eyes but he doesn't turn.

I have so many questions that I can't ask, so much runs through my head.

   "Summer text you to tell ya she told her parents she was staying with Nat's too"

   "But she didn't? Where was she?" I ask worriedly. I know Summer has a wild side but she's not the type to just disappear on her own, I should know. I am that type.

   "Won an all night date with Benji" Flynn chuckles and I exhale, unaware I'd been holding my breath. "He text me" Flynn finally turns to look at me. His bluer eyes looking at me with their usual amused glint.

My eyes bulging. Had Summer actually gone with Benji?

   "They didn't go home" Flynn clarifies, clearly amused by my insinuating expression. "He took her out for a drive. They actually went on a last minute date. Benji really likes her" He smiles genuinely and I'm assured that she's okay.

But I can't help but feeling like we aren't.

   "Anyway you've nothing to worry about so why don't we get some breakfast and I'll take ya home"

...

After a quick refreshing, I follow Flynn down the stairs, swinging my heels in my hand.

I had debated his offer, telling him I'd just get a taxi home but he wouldn't hear it. He insists on taking me home, after breakfast.

   "Good morning Flynn" A mid forties looking woman with long brown and blonde highlighted hair, chirps from the kitchen, seeing Flynn at the foot of the stairs. "and it seems we have a guest, hello dear" She grins at me, eying us curiously.

   "Sorry, I didn't mean to stay. I was hiding from somebody and just kinda fell asleep" I explain in a quick breath, fidgeting with the hem of my dress and feeling my cheeks blushing.

   "Oh don't be worrying sweetie. I'm Linda" She holds out her hand to me. "Flynn's mother" She states proudly.

   "I'm Leah" I shake her hand with a polite smile.

   "You're the girl he's doing his history project with" She says, remembering. I nod in reply. "Nice to finally meet you." Finally? Has Flynn spoken of me to his mother? I turn to look at him but he's not there. Where'd he go? "Why don't you have a seat sweetie" Linda instructs and I cross the room, taking a seat at the rectangular kitchen table. 

   "Here, It'll be warmer" Flynn holds out a black hoodie for me to put on. I recognize it from him wearing it around school. I slip my arms into it and pull it around me. It's too big for me, of course, but I don't care, It's warm and it smells like Flynn's cologne; which is strangely comforting.

   "What's all this?" I ask, glimpsing at all the papers and stuff scattering the table.

   "Wedding stuff" Linda sighs. "Who knew planning a wedding could be so stressful"

   "But it's all worth it in the end right? You get to spend the rest of your life with that one special person. The one who doesn't care about your past, Who'll be by your side through every future decision and who just loves you for who you are" I smile, my eyes flicker at Flynn. Catching him gazing at me. I quickly look away.

My gaze falling back to the table.

   "When you put it like that.. " Linda nods her head. 

   "Seems Trouble has a soft spot" Flynn Sniggers and turns back around to the cooker.

   "Now if I ever hear of you getting married I'll be front and center to witness it"

   "You think you'll get an invite?"

   "You think I need one" I smirk triumphantly.

He looks over his shoulder and I stick my tongue out at him.

...

Flynn carries over plates of food and places them on the table. He takes a seat on the far side of the table, while I stare blankly at the food in front of us. It all looks absolutely delicious, Like something you see on TV.

Surprising considering Flynn cooked it.

   "Don't tell me you don't eat fried food" Flynn huffs.

   "Not a hope of me turning down fried breakfast. I just can't believe you can cook" I admit, looking up at him. "I thought the only thing you could do was ride your motorbike and insult people" I tease and Flynn eyes narrow at me.

   "Full of surprises my son" Linda gloats, amused by our bickering.

   "You're telling me!" I smirk at him.

He really was full of surprises.

Not only could he cook but he also never had a girl in his room, well before me and he's secretly a gentleman.