Chapter 5 ?‍?‍??

~~~~~ 2 DAYS LATER ~~~~~

The doorbell in my apartment rings.

Me: You going?

Camille: Yes.

She's approaching the door. I notice she's shaking. She's scared.

Me: Don't worry, will it be okay 😁

She smiles and opens the door.

Camille: Daddy! Mommy! I missed you guys!

Me: Hello!

Her parents say hello. Claudia, Camille's mother, cuddles her daughter.

Claudia: I missed you, Camille! We shouldn't have reacted that way... If you were behaving like that, it's because you weren't well. With your father, we were often absent. I'm sorry!

Camille: It's okay. The most important thing is that you opened your eyes!

Me: TO TABLE!!!!!

Camille comes running in.

Me: You will never change!

Everybody laughs.

During the meal, Camille explains to her parents what she will do. She's looking for a job and an apartment. His parents are proud. The rest of the meal is going well.

[...]

Just as I was leaving, Claudia thanked me for taking her daughter under my wing.

~~~~~ NEXT MORNING ~~~~

I wake up and the fat cow lies on top of me in a star position. I push her and she falls on the floor.

Camille: You're boring!

Me: I know 😁

Camille: What else are you doing today?

Me: Today I'm going to go buy some outfits for job interviews and you?

Camille: I'm still looking for work.

We're having lunch and I'm going to get dressed.

Me: See you tonight!

[...]

Today, I bought clothes for me and Camille and several boxes full of books to better speak English. They're for Camille.

It's 6:00, I'm ringing my bell at home. Camille opens me up and sees me with all those boxes. Is she looking at me funny 😂. I walk into the apartment with all my bags and put them in the living room. I'll go down to the car and get the boxes.

She puts a tray with tea and cookies in the living room. She prepared everything.

Me: It's so sweet! Thank you 💛

We drink our teas and eat our cookies. Camille tells me what she did today. Then we try the clothes that she loves to wear 😊

I'll give him the boxes. She opens them. She's happy. She will be able to learn English through books. Camille jumps on me and gives me a big hug.

We spent our evening watching TV.

~~~~~ NEXT MORNING ~~~~

All day long, I helped him learn English.