Chapter Twelve

We circle each other a couple of times before I feint a punch to his face, but I just sideswipe him off his feet.

I heard my friends cheering for me, while the rest of the class was booing.

Coach Jones announces with great amusement, "the first round goes to Faith!"

I raised my arms in triumph, as if I just won a gold medal instead of just knocking an idiot off his feet.

Travis bolts to his feet, "that's unfair! She cheated!"

I smile, "I didn't cheat. You said first one knocked off their feet looses. You never said anything about specific rules."

I hear Damon whistle and shout, "you go girl!"

Coach Jones smiles, "she's right. You never laid out any specific rules about how your opponent has to be knocked off their feet."

Travis gaped at her, "is that why you agreed to this? Because I didn't lay out specific rules that should be common sense?"

I send a very soft roundhouse kick to his bicep, which got his attention, "quit bitching before I knock you on your ass again and win."

He immediately throws a punch for my face, which I dodge. I smile, "is that really the best you have? Winter can punch better than that in her pixie form."

Travis throws another punch that is quickly followed by a kick. I easily dodge the first and block the second with a strategic kick to thigh, which effectively numbs the leg.

He limps back a little, holding the spot on his leg I kicked.

I smile, "what's wrong? Can't keep up?"

He tries to send a roundhouse kick to my face with his numb leg, but I move out of his way.

I laugh, "this is fun. Don't you think?"

He growls, "no. You're really getting on my nerves. I thought I was challenging an adult, not a child."

I laughed loudly, "oh, that's funny. It's true, I'm not yet an adult, but that doesn't make me a child."

Travis said, "then fight instead of dancing around like an idiot."

I was honestly in a good mood, and his "trash talk" isn't gonna have a chance to piss me off. Then again, he sucks at trash talk, if this is his best.

I smile, "that wasn't dancing. This is."

I literally dance in circles around him, but my "dancing" is just twirling. I've been told it looks really cool when I twirl in circles fast, so what I did was gradually picked up speed. He was trying to keep his eyes on me, while facing me.

As I sped up, so did he. When I saw he was kinda stumbling trying to keep up with me, I stopped. I expected him to be very dizzy, I mean who wouldn't be?

I see his leg move, and the next thing I know, I'm laying on the ground a few feet away from where I had been standing.

Coach Jones said, in a shocked voice, "round two goes to Travis."

I stand up, and look at Travis's smug smirk, "looks like your plan didn't work."

Honestly I was pissed off by his smirk, but what he said had me laughing so hard I was almost on the floor again.

Travis demanded, "what's so funny?"

I take a couple of deep breaths, "that you think I have a plan. That's hilarious. Who goes into a sparring match with a plan?"

His red face gave away the fact that he did, but I was done laughing.

I smile, "so? Is it on?"

Travis practically snarled, "oh, it's on bitch."

He tried to punch me, but I dodged it. As his rage increased, his attacks became harder but sloppier. I was still having fun, I mean you don't cut me with moonstone and get away with it. I would've just straight up humiliated him by knocking him out in the first round, but I figured that drawing it out would be better, and I was right. It is definitely worth it, and I plan on ending it in a bit.

We dodge, punch, and block. I also do a few gymnastics stunts, like cartwheels, back handsprings, and a few others. I was having the time of my life, barely breaking a sweat. Travis on the other hand, was sweating like a pig and was getting more pissed by the second.

He went to punch my face, and I performed a perfect back handspring, kicking his hand in the process. I hear a shout of pain, and I knew I broke something. I landed, smiling sweetly at Travis.

My smile immediately turned to a frown, when I noticed he was starting to shift. Into a werewolf!!!

In a matter of seconds, a big, darkly brindled wolf stood in front of me, growling. My eyes widened, shit. I was in serious trouble.

As soon as he lunges for me, I take flight. There's no way I'm gonna let those claws touch me.

Well, now is a better time than any to end this fight. I fly up a few feet, then come straight down and deliver a literal flying kick to the wolf's head. Flying straight back up, I see the wolf is dazed. I quickly repeat my attack two more times, before he was out cold.

Coach Jones patted my back, as the unconscious Travis shifted back into his human form, "good job, Faith. I honestly didn't expect him to shift on you."

I shrug, my mind going in circles. How could he be a werewolf with witch hunter background? Maybe his parents are both werewolves and witch hunters. It's an uncommon combination, but it has happened before.

I walk over to my friends who were as shocked as I felt. Well, except for Damon of course.

I look at him, "so, is that why you growled at him?"

Damon feigned hurt, "yep. Too bad you don't trust me enough."

I roll my eyes, because I knew he was kidding, "of course I trust you, but you growl at every guy who so much as looks in my direction."

Yeah, it's true. He does, and every time Jason tries to hit on me when he's around, I always almost have a fight to deal with. Luckily, I can just talk sense into Damon, so I always manage to prevent a fight. Although, if Jason doesn't quit, I scare him off with a little shock.

Travis being a werewolf. I don't believe I've been more surprised in my life. I didn't see that coming, at all.