Chapter 9

"I wish you wouldn't do that", I scolded Dean.

"Well he needed to hear it!", Dean yelled.

I had only known the Winchesters for over a month and already they had faught more times than I could count. "Listen Dean, its not like what Sam is going through isn't affecting him as much as it affects us!"

"Shut up Lena! This is not your fight!", Dean hissed.

"I have to deal with you two and I hate to see either of you get hurt so in fact it is my fight!", I argued in return.

"Dammit you guys just shut up already!", Sam interjected walking back into the motel room.

Dean and I both looked at Sam then back at each other and nodded. We weren't done fighting but for now the hunt was more important.

"So what exactly are we dealing with?", Dean asked.

"Not for sure, what we do know is that campers and hikers keep disappearing right her by the lake", Sam pointed on the map we had gotten from the front desk of the motel.

"Lake monster of some type? Maybe an ancient God?", I suggest.

"No none of the victims showed any signs of being in the lake when the attacks happened and a God would be more organized than just tearing the campers into pieces and leaving them all over", Sam replied.

"Oh yeah I forgot. Gods have class", Dean retorted.

Both Sam and I glared at him as we continued trying to figure out what it was. As we searched on Sam's computer for local lore I lifted my eyes up and found that I was staring directly into the piercing green eyes of Dean. As far as our relationship went, we were just friends if that. Ever since Bobby's, Dean hasn't been the same. Constantly being at Sam's throat and at the same time managing to kill every monster in his way has made Dean less of the person he was just weeks ago.

I quickly looked away from Dean and could feel his gaze burning through my forehead which was wrinkled in frustration.

Then suddenly it hit me!

"Wendigo!", I chimed. It made perfect sense. The torn bodies, the victims, the attacks always being in the same area.

"I don't know, I mean they usually aren't found this far north", Sam commented.

"Yeah but remember that one we hunted not too long ago? It was way further North than we are now", Dean added.

I looked back and forth at the brothers before announcing, "So its settled then? We leave tomorrow to hunt this thing"

"Alright, but right now we need to make sure that it is for sure a Wendigo and while we are at it someone needs to go and get supplies to kill it", Sam said.

"Alright Sam. You and I will go and look through the files of the victims down at the police department and Lena will go get us some supplies and possibly some dinner", Dean explained.

"Actually no", Sam interrupted.

"What?", Dean and I both looked at Sam in confusion.

"Dean, you and Lena will both get supplies and food. Meanwhile I will go by myself to look through the files", Sam demanded.

"But Sam-"

"No Dean. I'm sick of you constantly breathing down my neck besides you and Lena need to work out whatever problems you two are having"

Dean and I both exchange glances of confusion. What problems was Sam talking about.

"Fine!", Dean huffed before grabbing the keys to the Impala, "I'll be waiting in the car"