chapter thirteen

ayyy, two more days until i get outta school. cuz its two half its technically one day

i hate school bc i asked if we were supposed to copy the questions and not answer them bc someone told me that and my teacher told me that question was funnier than any joke ive ever made. that asshole. whatevs im out after this so screw mr.mook.

also im super excited bc annie might actually come to the beach (lol i live at the beach losers) and we've never met and we've established that would would both cry. but also read her new story and read my new story. 

also (two alsos omfg), the surprise will be announced in 5 chapters so if we're going at the pace we are now thats like two weeks but ur gonna love it.

xx Calie

*

It was a week into Jane's indefinitely lengthed trip to visit Ashton and his family and she was already feeling right at home. If there was one think the Irwins were good at, it was welcoming others. When she got off the airplane platform and into the main lobby, the whole family was there waiting on her. Ashton's little sister smirking slightly, and his brother with a shy smile on his face, half behind his mum. Ashton's mum, who insisted on Jane calling her Anne, had launched herself on Jane and gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Ashton had grabbed Jane's hand and gave her a light peck, definitely more appropriate than the first airport kiss the pair had shared. 

Now, she was playing board games with the rest of the family. And she was absolutely terrible at Monopoly. 

"Aren't you supposed to be good at these kinds of things?" Harry, Ash's brother asked sarcastically as she got sent to jail, again.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jane shot back. The whole family shared looks, with expressions that showed they were thinking the same exact thing.

"Well, you're American. That's gotta count for something. Don't you just spend your time eating and trying to take over other people stuff?" Lauren told her, like it made total sense. Jane's mouth fell open and she pretended to act offended.

"Anne, what kind of mother are you? Allowing your kids to perpetuate these kinds of stereotypes. I find it offensive." She whined. Everyone laughed.

"You were scared to go to the backyard because you thought kangaroos would kick you." Ashton reminded her, reclining down to a flat position on the floor. Jane scoffed and defended that it was perfectly reasonable with the things she'd seen on the internet about Australia.  It was nearing the end of the game and it was looking like Lauren was going to be the winner of it. One dice roll later and the game was over.

Jane yawned and stood up slowly. "Well, that was fun getting completely destroyed via board games, but I'm tierd. Goodnight everyone." After a chorus of goodnights allowed her to be dismissed she walked upstairs to her room. It was nice, very comfortable. 

Ashton had attempted to convince his mother to let Jane stay in his room. But his mom quickly dismissed it with, "I will not aid in you getting her pregnant. I want grandkids, but you're too young Ashton. I know exactly what goes on when you kids your age in one room. I was your age once." At which point everyone practically gagged, trying to get the visual out of their heads, and the idea was promptly forgotten. 

Although she didn't really want to snoop around the room, curiosity was getting the best of her. So Jane poked around the room, looking at bookshelves, and the closets. Finally she looked in the drawer beside her bed. Inside was a collection of photos, that appeared to be various photos of Ashton and his sibling's earlier childhoods. Jane smiled lightly at all the silly and sweet photos. Then, she looked at a group photo, it had everyone in the family, including one man. So this was the dad Ashton never told her about.