Beautiful Disaster Chapter 6

Start from the beginning

                But he looks pleased while a small smirk rises at the tips of his arrogant mouth. “Little Miss, because it is mine. I will regain anything that was once mine.” In one graceful movement he lunges upward, freeing my bound wrists from his gripping hold.

I gasp feeling the sudden weight being uplifted.

                Gazing down on me the man appears pleased almost impressed by his hold on me.

                That arrogant jackass.

                He discards me with disinterest as he turns to walk over the shattered basement door. In an instant I spring from the concrete floor and bolt forward. In a wistful motion, the man whirls back around clasping my forearms as I clench onto the folds of his shirt. 

                His arrogant smirk fades and replaced with unsettling rage when I reel against him into the staircase. It grunts plunging inward; sinking low. “Get the hell out of my house!” I scream my hands till grasping to his shirt. Inside of me my heart rages against my chest, my head pounding, and suddenly my entire body aches.

                For a moment the air is silent. No one moves. His violet eyes seep into mine analyzing every part of my face. He leans in closer. I catch my breath anticipating what he might do. He reveals nothing. Only a playful impassive demeanor crosses his arrogant face.

                But it all ends too soon. I scream and instantly I’m thrown beneath him and slammed up against the staircase. It sinks down creaking in protest. The man’s palms cut through my shoulders restraining me to move in further. My head slams back beating into half cracked staircase. A tear trembles to fall as I hold back a muffled cry.

                A low growl muffles from his lips. “You little—” But I don’t wait for him to finish. I sweep my legs from under him and press them against his chest. I push against my pain and thrust push my legs him hard. The man goes soaring behind me. I watch and turn to see him land right on his feet, crotched down, one hand on the broken step when he slowly gazes up meeting my eyes.     

                Every bit of him radiates cool odium.

                I sneer, gaining balance on each foot. “You come into my house thinking you can walk right in and then walk right out? You aren’t even human!” The moment I said it realization dawned on me.

                Not human?  

                From the looks of it he knew I wasn’t either. But how can he have known that? He came for a locket I lost over a year ago in a park where it was most likely stolen and or forever lost. What could that possibly mean to him? Going through all this trouble looking for it? And why come now? How long has he been looking for it?

                But most of all how did he know that I would have it?

The man conveys nothing but masks over any sort of emotion. “What?” I spit. “Just going to stand there and not say anything?” A shoot of pain pierces through my body. My fists clench and I quickly cloak the pain over with an absolute anger.  

                Those violet eyes lay heavy on me. Another shot of pain pinches me. Vibrant as they are they pour out an in defiant beating frenzy. My hand instinctively clutches to my side holding down the pain. A punctilious burn strikes to my head. A weary haze formats around his body. My body droops seeping down against the wall. More pain punches me when a sweep of hot and cold fills my body. An icy sweet drawls down my back, my hands shake, and goose bumps form on my skin.