There Are No Winners In War

This is going to be a kinda long chapter, cause it's the climax. The chapters after this (Probably 3 or 4 left) will be the resolution. BUT DO NOT FEAR CAUSE I HAVE A SEQUEL PLANNED THAT YOU WILL LOVE!!!!! I'm also sorry that the climax came so fast out of no where, but I realized all these things I had planned couldn't happen until this... so...

---

Alfred climbed apon his horse and stared at the castle on the other side of the forest ahead of them. It's brilliant blue color stood out against the sky and was clear to show power... but the kingdom of Spades was more powerful. He tightened his belt from which a sword sheath hung. The hilt of his sword matched his strong, dependable armor. The soldiers around him had less vibrant, matching armor. There were millions of them, preparing to attack the castle. There was no way the king would be able to beat them.

They would attack at midnight, the traitor had told them he'd be watching this side of the castle and was preparing for them. He knew better than to trust a traitor. All the king's men would be on the other side, they'd be able to take them by surprise. As soon as his Ace was ready to leave, he'd lead his entire army to take the castle. They wouldn't kill the king- that would upset the balance... he knew it would be bad if the king was killed without an heir to the throne.

♤♤♤

"Matthew, please!" The Joker had his arms tied to a pole with a spell cast over him. His magic would be useless until the spell was removed. "Trust me! They're waiting for you on the other side of the forest! You will suffer immensely! You could even die!"

The Ace snarled at the Joker and turned away, putting his sword in it's sheath. "You expect me to trust you?! You make me sick!" Matthew snapped as he ripped off a necklace and threw it at the Joker. "You can keep your charm by the way! I don't need your magic!" Matthew turned to the tent flap and pushed it aside "You can't trick us anymore." He stated as he exited.

The Joker stared at the charm in front of him with wide, terrified eyes. The king had forgotten. Alfred had forgotten what Gilbert was told to do. He had told the Joker earlier to get information from the Club's Jack. Gilbert had gotten the information. He had manipulated the Jack into telling him all about their battle tactics, and he gave the Jack false information in return. But the king didn't listen... they were heading for the Club army... the ground would be blue and red with the blood of Spades tonight.

♤♤♤

Matthew climbed onto his horse next to the king and nodded confidently. "The traitor is confined and under the watch of guards. He will not interfere tonight." The Ace stated while staring at the castle ahead of them. He would not let that lying con stop them from victory.

"Good... now... without further delay. We must make our move! Midnight is fast approaching." Alfred stated as he turned his horse to face the thousands of soldiers. The stood perfectly still and straight, ready for the signal. "Spades!" The King said, boldly to the army "Tension has been high for far too long! The threat of invasion will be no more after today! Today-" 6 sat up straight on his horse, holding a spear and nodding to the other court members. "We defeat the Clubs!" Alfred turned his horse to the castle and stuck his sword into the air. "For Spades!"

Battle cries filled the air as the armies charged forward through the forest, The king leading them. They would take the castle, and the Club army would be unprepared on the opposite side of the kingdom. By time they found the Spades, it would be too late.