Mr. May and Mr. July

Chapter 14

My heart was breaking as I held Alia in my arms in the back seat of Carters car. She had finished crying and had fallen asleep. “Guys what happened?” I asked Monique.

“Well I guess she was with you yesterday at the station and came to the house not wanting to go home because she was worried about you.” Monique said. “When I went in there to tell her the hospital had called. She was in your bed wearing nothing but your shirt. Anything you want to tell me big brother?”

“Ewww shut up that’s my cousin you’re talking about.” Carter says glaring at me through the rear view mirror. I raised my eyebrow and looked at my sister effectively shutting him up.

I was lost in my thought for a minute picturing her in my bed naked with just my shirt on. I would have drooled for sure if I would have gotten home and found her like that. I looked down at her still in my arms and noticed that in fact she still had the shirt I wore yesterday on.

I bent my head and kissed the top of her head as I held her closer. I didn’t understand where all these strong feeling were coming from. I mean I know I love her. But seeing her face full of pain and so scared made my heart clench. Damn I’m fucked, because if she asks me to quite right now. I don’t think I would be able to deny her anything.

We got home and I carried her inside. I tried very hard not to wake her up. But she awoke and started to cry again. Monique and Carter went to her room and I carried her to mine. “Baby I’m ok.” I try to reassure her.

“Look, feel me, I’m here. I’m all right.” I say as I start to remove my clothing. She looked so sad and so tiered. But the tears would not stop.  I removed my pants and stayed in my boxers. All the while trying to reassure her I was ok. While she touched every part of my body I exposed. I then helped her take off her pants and left her in my shirt.

I held the covers open for her to get in with me. “See baby I’m ok.” I said as I held her close to me. She wrapped her arms around me and finally fell back asleep as I continued to coo and reassure her I was ok. At this point not even the thought of her practically naked in my bed made me want to make a move.

I was so tired and she was so emotional. What kind of guy would that make me? I was just happy to have her in my arms, to have her in my bed. So I fell asleep with her laying on me.

Monique’s POV