Chapter 3

Happy birthday to mrscullen05

Chapter 3

I drove home with a plan at hand. I need to make this tasteful and well shit hot at the same time. With the help of Monique I think I can come up with something that might just work. I will also need Carter to help. The chief said that Blaise will be shadowing me unless he is needed for a fire. I figured Carter can shadow Monique. While she goes around collecting the back stories from the other fire men. 

I went home and got out 12 pieces of poster board. When my phone rang, “Domenzo’s pizza what can I get you?” I answered and the voice on the other end hesitated and I started to laugh. It wasn’t my family because they know about my little quirk. I figure people are always so stressed. What will happen if you call someone and you get a weird greeting? After they find out I’m just playing they laugh and at least I mad someone smile for the day.

“Alia?” said the voice on the other end.

“The one and only, is that you Blaise?” I asked knowing it was because my tummy fluttered a little.

“Um yeah I just was um, well wondering what you’re doing.”  He asked a little unsure.

“Oh, I’m setting up my poster boards for the layout I want the calendar to have. I like to be organized.”I tell him and hear his soft chuckle.

“Do you want any help?”

“I thought you worked 3rd shift?” I asked worried he was still up.

“I did, but I don’t go back for 2 days. So I have to stay up or my sleep routine goes out of whack. So um, I was just looking for something to do mean while. But if you don’t need any” I cut him off.

“Are you kidding, get your ass over here I would love the help.” I said and he laughed and hanged up. Not before saying he wanted pizza now. He asked what kind I liked and said he would bring lunch over.

Holy shit I thought as I busied myself cleaning my room as best I could so he didn’t see things he should not, laing around.  I was ready and all my poster boards were also laid out. I pulled out the big bags of cut out letters and started to sort then in alphabetical order. I’ve always needed order and semblance in all that I do. It makes things easier for me.

Unpredictability scares me.  So when he came he looked at me and smiled. As I was surrounded by letters and boards and markers, crayons you name it I had it. “You look like a school teacher setting up her curriculum.”

I smiled at him “should we eat first or should we work?”

“Let’s eat while the cheese on the pizza is still gooey.” He said and I inhaled the scent.

“Where did you go, that smells amazing” He actually blushed.

 “Domenzo’s Pizza.” I started to laugh.

“It’s a little quirk of mine, you’ll get used to it.” I said as I got up and followed him downstairs.

Mom and dad where at work so it was only us at home. “So tell me what you have in mind” he asked.

“Well I plan to get the guys back stories and from that pick the one I want to represent the station.  It will be tastefully done and we will include back ground information on the guys.”

“Well that doesn’t sound too bad then.”

“Trust me it will be painless.” I told him.

..

Sure for her it would be painless. Here I am sitting across from her and my pants keep feeling tighter and tighter. I don’t get it. I’m usually attracted to easy in your face sexy women. Not that she’s not sexy; she just has this innocent girl next door thing going for her. I mean look at her. She must have taken her contacts out because now she wore glasses.