Mr.June

Chapter 6

Alia’s POV

We walked out of the kitchen and I backed Blaise into a room. I looked around to make sure it was empty. I stood before him with my hands on my hips. “What was all that trying to make them think I’m with you deal in there?”

He gave me a sheepish grin “I was just making sure they didn’t try anything with you.” He said as he shrugged his shoulders. “It didn’t mean a thing.”

Crap for some reason my heart pinched a little at him saying it didn’t mean a thing. Damn Alia get a grip. We promised the powers that be we would raise money if mom got better. So get your ass in gear and stop this. My brain yelled at my heart. I took a deep breath and looked at Blaise. Man but he was a yummy man. “Good to know.”

He walked me to the top bunkers where they slept when they worked overnight. “Sometimes we sleep a little but mostly we talk and get the gear ready for the next shift. Fires have no set schedule so it’s not like we know when we will get called.” He said and yeah I guess I get that.

“So these are the fire poles huh” I saw the pole and wondered how hot he must look going down it. I turned to look at him as I leaned into it. Making sure to stay away from the edge of the hole. He walked over to me slowly as he spoke.

“Be careful Alia, you must always be gentle. When handling a mans pole.” He said and as I gasped with indignity. He crushed my backside with his body making me lose my footing and we slid down the pole.

It was the most exhilarating experience ever. I can’t tell you if it was the rush of sliding down the pole. Or the fact that I had this hunk of a man crushing my body with his as his scent surrounded me. But whatever it was, the moment my feet touched the ground I realized I was panting. He turned me around and I was flushed from head to toe.  So what did my stupid as do?

“What other things do you handle besides a fire?”  What!  Shit, why did I ask a question instead of beg him to kiss?

He studied my face and his eyes traveled to my lips before moving back to my eyes. He lips formed a smile and then he spoke as he pulled away from my body. This allowed me to recompose myself. “Well in a nut shell this is what we do..

When not responding to a fire we respond to emergency medical calls, firefighters are involved in a variety of other activities. Such as

Emergency Preparedness

Community Education

Public Service Work

Building Inspections

Personal Development

Station and Apparatus Maintenance

We work a 24 hour shift with 48 hours off. Work begins at 7:30 a.m. and ends at 7:30 a.m. the next morning.

“Wow I really didn’t know that.” I say to him and he smirks at me.

“You’ll meet Liam later he’s the paramedic for the fire house. He will be a doctor soon.” I could hear the pride in his voice when referring to this Liam guy.