Night Duty

I wrote this a few years ago when I first started watching Teen Wolf so have fun reading my fetus writing lmao. Also if you skip to the recent story I'm writing called Do You Remember, you can read as I post. Thank you for reading these one shots. Please remember to leave a like and comment, as they make me very happy and give me inspiration to write.

Derek and I are just hanging out at a four way stop searching for some stupid person to defy the law. Wether it is running the sign or going past the speed limit, this is our annoying shift of the night so we are entitled to the job. Usually we just let the people off with a warning mostly because a ticket is "overrated" in Derek's book.

I sit in the passenger seat with my feet propped up lazily and Derek is seated tensely as always. This is just another boring Thursday night shift for us. "Loosen up Der! Its almost the weekend! I cant have you acting like your normal sourwolf self at the party Saturday," I say pushing his muscled bicep playfully. When his eyes flick back and forth watching the cars zoom by, it is apparent he was not listening to me.

It takes me leaning far over the black leather middle console and taking his lips into a kiss for him to smirk a little. When I get situated again, making sure to make as much noise as possible, I notice his muscles are visibly relaxed. "There you go! Thats my werewolf! You love me," I say enthusiastically, earning a flash of his electric blue eyes in my direction.

"10-16 on Valley Blvd. Young girl home alone. Needs assistance with unidentified pest. Copy," the dispatcher recites robotically through the scratchy radio. "10-16, Domestic Problem. Of course, and its a girl. Perfect," Derek says painfully boringly to the front glass. I slap his arm because of his rudeness. Sassy little bitch. We equip our seat belts because of course, safety first, and drive off.

"Oh come on. If you are the least bit rude this time, no beautiful love-making for a week. You know what happened last time," I tell him wiggling my eyebrows. He winces at my word choice and says, "Stiles please don't ever use "Beautiful love-making" in a sentence ever again around me. Ever." I laugh and poke his side.

Last time, Derek got a black eye. We were dealing with two girls fighting and he fired something smart accidentally and got punched by the girl's mom. She was sent to jail, two weeks to be exact, for assaulting a police officer but I think next time he will think twice before talking to a victim's protective mother.

When we arrive at the girl's house, she is sitting on the porch with her hands over her face. Derek sighs before getting out. "Oh boy, the waterworks," he says, getting an icy glare from me. He approaches the girl, but due to his total insensitive nature, I decide to take this one.

My hand lands squarely on his solid chest and I smile while I push him behind me. The girl looks up with puffy eyes, probably sixteen, and utters a cry before running into Derek's arms. I scoff when she doesn't hear because really?! Derek, the hard, tall, and scary?! Him?!

He is caught off guard and doesn't do anything but when I grit my teeth at him to be sweet, he gets the message. "Hey honey it is gonna be okay. Could you please describe what happened?" Sourwolf says while patting her back. I almost melt from cuteness. He is so sweet when he plays nice, especially when he hugs the girl to calm her down.

"Im sorry, Im never like this. I was just walking around my room when I saw a tail peak out of my bed and I ran downstairs. Naturally, I thought I was just seeing things so I started watching tv with my dog beside me. A few minuets later, I saw two little eyes watching me from the edge of the couch so I ran outside. Thats when I called you guys," the girl says really fast. I look at her acceptingly and say, "Hey it is okay. You didn't know what to do so you called us. It happens all of the time. Oh and by the way, Im Stiles and this is Derek," She nods and wipes a tear from her cheek. Derek pats her back as she sniffles. "Abby."