Do You Remember (Pt.6)

FINALLY a new part oops

-

Derek slowly strips his clothes and puts them in a pile on the forest floor. Despite him being naked, I'm not turned on. The atmosphere around us suddenly changes. The wind picks up, causing me to grip my coat to myself. The sky turns from a cheerful blue to a more muted and dark shade. Instantly, my skin crawls and I'm tempted to run away.

"It's ok Stiles."

Derek turns away and hunches over, letting an eery sound rip free. I start to walk towards him but the closer I get the louder the growling gets. His skin ripples as bones twist and turn underneath, making sickening cracks that sound throughout the area. I stumble back in fear as his body contorts and the skin on his back rips and tears apart like the seem of a fabric. 

Underneath the skin emerges dark back fur, caked in blood and gore. My eyes can't help tearing up in fear. His hands morph into giant paws and claws that could rip anyone apart start growing from his knuckles. His head slowly transforms from a face of pain and misery into a long snout, furry ears tearing through the skin of his head as easy as butter, and fur quickly replacing the skin of his face. I gasp in horror at the thing that has taken Derek over.

The creature eases out of the unneeded skin and it makes the most disgusting sloppy sound as it hits the ground. It shakes all of the gore trapped in its fur with quick shakes like a mutt.  I'm trapped in my place when I see what Derek has become. A large black wolf stands before me, its fur as black as night and eyes glowing red. It points its long snout into the air, seemingly to sniff out its prey. It points its head at me and starts stalking toward me. I am too frozen in fear to realize that the monster is not trying to threaten me at all.

The wolf sits before me while somehow making himself less threatening. I relax a little and reach out to touch the head, hand shaking. I jump a little when he pushes the top of his head into my hand. A low hum sounds from deep in his chest and I realize that this is not a monster at all. I remember that same sound from... last night. It's Derek. How could I be so dumb?! I'm sitting here looking like a damn fool in front of this thing like its gonna eat me alive when it was Derek the whole time. At least I think so.

"Derek?" My voice comes out hoarse.  He pushes his head into my chest and I chuckle lightly. 

I thought I lost him. The feeling of dread leaves my chest and I hug his large furry neck in relief. Tears I didn't know were there fall from my eyes and land on my cheeks. He turns around and walks away slowly as I stare in awe. He's beautiful. I realize that I'm staring when he turns his head and nods. Oops. I walk to him and reach up to run my fingers through the silky fur of his back. We continue walking in the forest, me holding his fur and basking in the moment.

Derek abruptly stops and slowly lowers his ginormous frame to the ground front paws first then plops his back end second. A giant paw pulls me toward him until I fall into his warm body. A long tail swings over my stomach and soon puffs of warm air leave his snout. He's asleep?! Well thanks, ok, but now what do I do. 

I no longer feel cold surrounded by Derek on all sides. My head falls back on his side so I am staring up at the sky. The tree branches grow up to the sky leaving me to see sky showing bright through the orange, red, and brown leaves. Slowly but surely, as hard as I try to prevent it, I doze off into a light sleep.

I am woken up to a soft rocking motion and I crack one eye open slowly. I flail a little when I realize I am sprawled fack first on Derek's back. I sit up a little and grab the scruff of his neck and hold my legs tight to his body.

"Go horsey go!" I whisper into his ear. He snuffs disapprovingly at that and continues the boring walking. I sit up quickly and cross my arms to pout. "Ugh fine. You're so boring."

Derek stops abruptly and tilts his head slightly, one ear standing straight up and one going straight to the left. As fast as I could snap my fingers he springs into the air at a run taking me by surprise. I jerk back with limbs flailing wildly and my arms shoot to his neck, hands gripping fur so I don't fall back. A wild laugh lets itself to the surface as I get into the same crouching position as earlier. He slowly gains speed and his head bobs with every stride. The wind hits my face so hard that I have to squint.

The lake from before appears fast and I have to grip tight when he makes a hard turn to run along the lake's length. I smile and watch the water fly by and listen to the pounding of his large paws on the lake's edge. I couldn't wish for a better day.

We stop at the spot we first saw the lake. Derek lowers his front end to the ground so I can slide off easily. I stand beside him as he sits. I look over at him looking at the lake and smile. 

"I think I just might love you Derek Hale," I say. His head snaps toward me and I swear he smiles.

Derek jumps up to his feet and prances around me bobbing his head side to side happily. I chuckle when he lets out a great long howl up at the sun. Today has been a good day.