Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Aubrey's P.O.V

I woke up to yelling coming from downstairs. I looked at the clock that read 4:30am. Why are they up so early? What are they arguing about this time? I pulled off my covers and crept down the stairs careful not to make noise. I peeked around the corner to see my angry mother and father arguing. "I'm not gonna tolerate your disrespectful ways anymore I've put up with enough of your crap. I want a divorce!" Moms cheeks were flustered with red. I could tell she was up to her breaking point. "You're rarely ever home, we don't have sex like we use to, I can't even remember the last time you cooked a decent meal,"My dad stated as if he was satisfied getting that off his chest. "I'm a nurse , I can't do it all , I keep the damn bills payed , I'm sorry if I'm passionate about my career and as my husband you should be supportive of me! Not sleeping around with those—those WHORES!" Mom grabbed the bag that was set on the couch and started to walk towards the door. She was about to reach for the doorknob when a glass vase crashed onto her head.

Mom fell to the floor as dad stood over her."If you think you're gonna leave this marriage that easy, you have another thing coming." He grabbed a fist full of her hair and dragged her to the kitchen. I mustered up enough courage to run downstairs. "Daddy stop! Leave mommy alone" hot tears started running down my eyes as I started tugging on his pants. I tried to use my strength to pull him away from mom but it was useless. "Move you little brat," he spat as he pushed me to the floor. I hit my head against the oven and helped out in the process. He rummaged through some drawers before he pulled out a gun and and knife. He threw mom to the floor. He went to the fridge and pulled out a beer opening the bottle and taking a sip. He aimed the gun at mom. "Is this really what its come to Carl? Your gonna kill me in front of our eight year old daughter? You're a heartless monster, I don't know what I thought saying yes to marr—"

"Shut up! I'm not gonna kill you," he threw the knife on the floor and kicked it towards her, "you're gonna do it" he gulped down some more beer , the gun still aimed at her. "You wanna leave , this is your only way out, if I can't have you then no one else can." Dads eyes grew dark , his profile ice cold. I was horrified at the scene of him. I looked at mom who took looked at the knife and then at me. " Mommy please don't do it! Don't listen to daddy... don't leave me here." My vision was blurred with my tears. My cheeks itched from all the waterworks but I didn't care. Mom took off a gold necklace that had a sunflower charm on it. She secured it around my neck and kissed my forehead with her soft plump lips. Tears streamed down her face as she slowly picked up the knife with shaky hands. She looked at me and smiled. Her smile was so radiant in that moment."I love you Aubrey, never forget that." With those words she slit her throat.

I woke with shaky breathing scanning my surroundings. I calmed down when I realized I was still in my hotel room. I checked the time on my phone, it was 11:30 and I had to be at work at twelve on the dot. I swore as I pulled the covers off me exposing me to cold air and hopped out of bed. I ran to the bathroom and got ready. I closed my room door behind me as I ran to the elevator and pushed the down arrow. When the elevator doors opened there stood Daxton in all his glory. He was wearing an all black suit which fit his figure perfectly. His muscles bulged through the tight suit which made him look more intimidating and sexy. I rolled my eyes and got in the elevator. "Good morning cookie,"he rumbled. I could feel his gaze fixed on me. I pushed the lobby floor button and stood back as the elevator started moving. "You are quite the chatter box," he sarcastically stated his gazed never broke. "What are you doing here?," I snapped looking up at him.

I already wasn't in the mood for this stubborn asshole as memories of last night flooded my mind. "Taking you to work of course, I wasn't playing when I said what I said", he stated casually, "it's dangerous for a beautiful lady to be walking the streets" he cupped my chin and I felt sparks of electricity from his warm touch. His glowing green eyes softened and for a moment it just felt like it was just him and I. The elevator doors opened and there stood a man who was distracted by his phone. He looked up to see Daxton and I in that position. My cheeks flushed with red as I pulled away from his touch and walked out the elevator. I went out through the lobby doors and started my walk for work when a pair of hands grabbed my waist and spun me around. I quickly swatted his hands away. "Look, I appreciate the kind gestures but I don't need your help," I said kindly stepping back from him, "now if you excuse me I have to go". I said turning on my heel and walking off. I didn't look back and it's too bad I didn't or I would've seen what was coming next. I was lifted and thrown over Daxton's shoulder as if I weighed nothing. This man really didn't take no for an answer. I started kicking and punching trying to escape his hold which seemed not to affect him as he started walking towards his car. "Let me go!" I shouted. He opened the door and threw me in the car frustrated. He walked around and climbed in on his side and started the smooth engine. He reached over and slid my seatbelt over my thighs and clicked it in the hole. He pulled the strap the that went over my chest and the strap around my thighs tightened. "No escaping now," he smirked as he pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. When we reached to my job Daxton got out and opened my door, undoing my seatbelt and offering a hand for me to come down. I hopped down the seat ignoring the gesture and walked into the restaurant ready to start my shift.

The day went by fast and Chris was there to help me every time something went wrong. I was starting to think I had made a friend. "You and I are going to a party tonight," she stated wiggling her eyebrows as she took off her apron. It was now 8:00 and she started locking the large glass doors. "That sounds amazing but I don't have anything to wear," I started fiddling with my pen. It was true, when I was leaving from my dad's I didn't grab a lot of things. I wanted to travel light and I'm pretty sure I had nothing presentable enough to wear to a party. "Don't worry about it, I'll take you to my place I have tons of options." She switched off the lights of the restaurant and we walked out into the windy night. She digs around in her bag until she pulls out her car keys. She clicks a button and her headlights flicker along with the car alarm. She had a nice convertible Mercedes. Was everyone over here just rich or what? We got in and drove to her house.

When we arrived we pulled into the drive of a nice sized house , the lawn was beautiful with a nice fountain planted in the middle and flowers lined around it. "You coming?" Chris giggled at me from outside of the car. I didn't even notice she got out , I was too busy admiring her house. I got out and followed her up the drive way. The inside of her house was gorgeous but had a comfortable look. I followed her upstairs into her room which was styled with burgundy and black colors. "You can take my bathroom help yourself to my closet," she pointed to a door across from her bed, "just yell if you need anything" she smiled before closing the door. I showered with hot steam and the scent of strawberries thanks to the shampoo. When I got out I walked to her closet. I opened the door and was amazed at how huge it was. It was like a whole other room, just for clothes! I picked out dark blue distressed jeans, a white t-shirt and a black leather jacket. I also picked out a pair of black thigh high boots with platformed heels.

I straightened my hair and put on some red lipstick. I wasn't really a fan of makeup. I never wore it , my mom always told me 'you're naturally beautiful sweetheart, you don't need any makeup to make you any more perfect than you already are'. I smiled fiddling around with my necklace and took one last look in the mirror. I was gonna enjoy myself tonight because I hadn't in years. I never had friends and I was 'home schooled' or at least that's what the principal believed when my dad took me out of school. I was his prisoner for for eleven years. Cooking, cleaning, and being a human punching bag when he needed to blow off some steam. I frowned when all the vile memories rushed through my head.

I snapped back to reality when there was a knock at the door. "You ready to go honey?," Chris said her voice echoed through the room. I walked to the door and opened it and to my surprise Chris looked HOT. She had a tight fitted burgundy dress that hugged her curves in all the right places and a black fur jacket. Her black heels made her legs look longer than what they really were. She could be a runway model if she wanted to, she was gorgeous. "Damn we are sexy," she smirked looking at me and then flaunting her figure. We laughed and started headed out towards her car. On the way to the party we listened to our favorite songs singing along to them with our screeching voices. It turns out we had the same taste in music. We pulled up to a gate with a speaker and a mans voice spoke "name?" "Christina Lanning" Chris shouted to the microphone. I could already hear the music but there was no house in sight. There was a slight pause and then the gates slowly opened.

We drove up a long hill to reveal one hell of a mansion. I mean this thing looked like it beat the White House by size. It was gorgeous with large glass windows that showed almost every room of the house. People were all over the place drinking, chatting, dancing. It wouldn't be long until the party gets out of hand. We walked into the house that had a modern style to it , all black furniture but white interior, I wondered who lived here. "I'm gonna go get us some drinks."Chris walked away into the kitchen, her curvy hips swaying from side to side.

I looked around the crowded house shyly. It seemed to be full of teens. Some of them were smoking weed, others drinking from keg stands, and a few were dancing on tables. I chuckled as I saw one boy get slapped by a girl for grabbing her ass. I was about to join the crowd in the living room when the front door swung open, and in walked a livid Daxton.

There's a picture of Aubrey's mom 👆🏾. Thank you guys so much for keeping up with my story and I will try to update every week or so. Please vote and leave me comments 💙.