Chapter 41- Goodbye Selfish Harley

After giving out sandwiches for most of the night, Mekhi and I got unto a train. We weren't heading home just yet.

We got on another bus and rode for about half an hour then we got off at another stop.

He held my hand and started leading me somewhere.

I wanted to ask him where were going, but I trusted him enough not ti follow him.

We approached a fence and he started to climb it.

"What are you doing?"

"Just trust me." He jumped down on the other side. "I know you can do this, if you can crush a guy's phone and another guy's car."

I sighed and smiled then followed him, climbing over the fence.

I jumped down and he caught me, helping me stand.

He let me go then he held my hand and started leading me like he had done all night.

I looked around. "Is this another park?"

"It is...but it's better than the last. No free snacks though."

I snickered, looking around.

The moonlight shun on the path and grass.

He led me to the swing set and sat down.

I folded my arms. "Why are we here?"

"Check your watch."

It was five in the morning.

I raised my brows. "Whoa."

"I know." He smiled. "We're waiting for the sun to rise. New York may not have stars...but the sunrise is pretty."

I looked at the sky. It was turning violet. "Flynn would've loved tonight. Not just this...but sharing with people on the street. He loved people."

Mekhi smirked. "What if you were like him? What if you started living for people more? You loved him for that. And he loved you because he thought you were like that. Show him that you are."

He stood up from the swing. "Come on." He started walking.

I followed him to a bed of grass.

He layed on the ground.

I slowly layed beside him and looked up at the sky. Orange was beginning to mix with the violet.

"Could you imagine it?"

"What?"

"There's an entire galaxy out there and we're just specks of breathing dust. So many other people out there to meet and we choose to be lazy and selfish. So many people living different lives. The universe is so big everything was set of to fit the other thing. Gravity, stars..the moon-the sun. They were all put in the sky for a specific reason. We weren't just put here to die, Harley. We're here to make each other happy so that we can be happy. Do you think the world would've been at war if we were as all loving as we should be?"

I looked at him.

The light from the sky began to brighten his face.

"We're here to love each other," He smiled and tears sparkled in his eyes.

I smiled at him then I looked at the sky again. I felt something in my heart. Change. I was changing. I didn't want to be selfish anymore. I didn't want to bully, use or abuse anyone. And even though I couldn't just stop doing it that day, I prayed that I would have in the near future, with Mekhi's help.

I slowly stood up wiping my cheeks. "I need to call Flynn."

Mekhi stood up. "Are you going to tell him that you want him back?"

"No," I shook my head. "I need to tell him that I'm sorry."

He smiled. "Let's go home."

*  *  *

We sat on the train, on our way home. Mekhi's head began to bob. I looked at him and smiled. Then I put his head on my shoulder. Love was weird. You could love anyone. I loved him.

*  *  *

I don't believe in a soulmate. I believe that we all have soulmates. Your soulmates are people who make you a better person. The people who push you to be your better self. And I hope you all find a person like that, whether it's your best friend, family member, or the person you fall in love with.

Flynn is Harley's soulmate. And so is Mekhi...But Harley is not Mekhi's soulmate.