Chapter 24- Without A Girlfriend

Flynn P.O.V:

       After a summer of not having to avoid Harley, since she avoided me, I was back in my dorm waiting for Oliver.

The doors opened and he walked in. "Buddy!" He shouted with open arms.

I stood up from my bed and hugged him with a big grin on my face.

Riley laughed and shook her head walking into the room behind him. "You two are idiots, you know that?"

"She's just jealous of our relationship," Oliver put my head in his chest and pat it like a dog.

I pushed him away. "Notice anything?" I spun around with outstretched arms.

"You've gained weight!" Oliver clapped.

"Yep. I went back to the gym and my mom stuffed me with healthy food. I've also seen my therapist," I pushed my hands in my pockets.

"Well...you look great," Riley looked at me.

I smiled at her then I looked at Oliver.

"Did you see Harley?" He folded his arms.

"I did a few times," I nodded. "We acted like we never met...She looks a mess though."

"Really?"

"Yeah...,"I looked down. Then I raised my head and smiled. "But it's...not up to me to help her. I know that now."

Oliver grinned. "So, what are your plans for this semester?"

"I'm going to continue to find out who am...learn more about Flynn Skylar."

"Good idea. And I'll be here with you."

I nodded then I looked at Riley. "And...what about you? How are you?"

She blushed. "I'm great actually. I have a new roommate. She's pretty cool-"

"Wait, where's Hayden?"

"He didn't tell you? He moved to New York. He told me that he was doing what he wanted to do. Was really cryptic with it though."

Oliver shrugged. "Well, I'm glad he's gone. I never liked the guy."

I furrowed my brows at the floor.

"You guys wanna get food?" Riley stood up.

"Yes!" Oliver put his suit case on his bed then he rushed over to the door.

Riley giggled and followed him. "Coming Flynn?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

*  *  *

We walked into a pizzeria and found a booth. Oliver sat beside Riley and I sat across from them.

Riley stared at me then she looked away, her cheeks turning pink.

I smiled.

"You know," Oliver stood up," I've been holding my pee the entire ride here. Got so excited to see you guys I forgot. I'm gonna go do that."

I nodded then looked at my hands.

Oliver walked away.

"Hey," Riley touched my hand. "What's on your mind?"

"I...I just find it weird that Hayden chose New York. Do you think he moved there to be near Harley?"

Riley sighed. "Flynn, I thought we were over her."

I held her hand. "We are. I'm not worried. It's just a thought."

"Well, even if he moved there to be with her, it's not your business anymore."