Chapter 47- Shocker

Harley P.O.V:

Three years went by. Mekhi and I became best friends and decided to keep in touch. Billie and I attended a new college together. Zoe would hit me up from time to time and steal my car. May...May and I weren't as close as we were before, after she learned that I had had a fling with Hayden. But we were still friends at least. Flynn.

Flynn and I became inseparable. He would FaceTime me every day until one day he didn't. I called him but he ignored my call. It worried me. I went to class that morning like normal hoping I was just paranoid.

* * *

Flynn P.O.V:

Oliver and I sat in our apartment watching T.V. We were watching a movie his girlfriend had begged him to watch. The girl on the screen hugged her boyfriend. "I love you," she whispered staring into his eyes. "And I will always love you."

I suddenly stood. "I have to go," I looked at Oliver.

He chuckled eating his popcorn. "Where?"

"To New York."

His smile wiped off. "For what?"

I walked over to my room and shut the door.

"Flynn," he shouted.

I opened my underwear drawer and grabbed the ring under my clothes. Then I walked out of the room.

Oliver's eyes grew when he saw it. "Oh my God."

"Yeah," I nodded. "I want to marry her. I wanted to propose to her when were seventeen but I couldn't do it. And I would've been stupid to back then because we weren't really compatible back then. But it's different now. I know that love her and why. I have to do this."

Oliver smiled. "Let's get you to New York."

* * *

I spoke to my parents and Harley's and they gave me their blessings. Then I went to Riley. She told me she wanted to give me some money for the trip under one condition.

"I need to come too," she said with a smile and a weird look in her eyes. "The other day, I was sitting in my dorm and I thought about going to New York. It was like something was drawing me there. And then you came here today and told me you were going. I have to go with you. Please."

I nodded. "Okay."

* * *

Riley and I got into an uber. She has gotten sick from some airplane food. I texted Zoe.

Flynn: I'm in New York. I'm going to propose to Harley. Do you know where she is right now?

Zoe: stgfwegj WHAT! SHE'S AT SCHOOL!

Flynn: Thank you.

I took a deep breath. The phone shook in my head.

Riley put her hand on my arm. "You go. I'll go get a hotel room."

"You're not well."

"I know. But I'll get another car and be fine. You need to go propose to your girl."

I nodded. "Thank you."

She hugged me then she got out of the car.

I shut my eyes then I smiled and gave the driver the address of the college.

* * *

I got out of the car and stared at the school. I walked over to the security guard. "I don't go here," I said trembling but my girlfriend does. "I'm here to propose to her."

The security guard's scowl look turned into a smile. "What's her name?"

I grinned. "Harley Patricia Branson."

* * *

I walked down the hallway with a heart vibrating my body each beat. This was happening. Finally.

I stood infront of the door to her classroom. I had a fifteen minute wait till her class was over.

Someone suddenly hugged me.

I looked down at the person. It was Zoe. "You came."

"I couldn't miss it," she grinned.

"I'm so nervous," I shook. "She doesn't even know I'm on New York."

"How'd you get here?"

"I got a flight. I just couldn't wait any longer...I love her this much." I looked at the boy standing behind Zoe. "Who's that?" I whispered to her.

She looked back at him. "Uh-"

"I'm her friend Levi." He shook my hand. He looked familiar. Like I had seen his face most of my life.

"Okay. Nice to eat you-meet you," I squeezed my eyes shut. "I'm sorry man, I'm just nervous. I'm Flynn."

"Okay," he nodded.

The door opened and students began to pour out of the class.

Harley walked out with her head in her book, walking in the opposite direction from me. "So, the moon is made from earth? That's so weird. I never knew that," she mumbled.

"Harley?" Levi furrowed his brows.

She lifted her head from her book. "Levi?"

Zoe froze. "Wait," she turned back to Levi. "You know her? On my God. Don't tell me two slept together-"

"What?" Levi shook his head. "No. She's my cousin. Well, adoptive cousin-"

Harley hugged him. "How long as it been?"

"Like, four years...since grandpa died. I didn't even know that You were living here."

"I didn't know you were friends with Zoe," Harley tucked her hands in her pockets still facing me with her back.

I was beginning to become impatient.

"Actually," Levi rubbed the back of his head," she's working for my mom."

"Aunt Lauren?" Harley looked at Zoe. "How's that been working out for you?"

I sighed then cleared my throat.

Harley turned to face me and a shock wave of reality hit me. Tears filled her eyes.

*  *  *

I'm so excited and sad at the same time. Just 2 more chapters. I'm posting them both 😥