Notes From My Heart

When Song Ae Risa transfers into her childhood friend's school, she begins to find herself writing notes for a song called "Love" with a permanent ink. Love makes her feel confused — It makes her frustrated, but it also makes her feel warm and fuzzy inside at times. Sometimes, she places the notes in the wrong place, which only creates a mismatched noise that she cannot undo. But, when she gets it right, the melody is literally "music to her ears." 

Only when the time is right will she step back and look at her song and listen to it all over again. The flowing melody, the good and the bad.

Her Love Song will only sound perfect to her significant other — Who we still have yet to find out. 

"Who will listen to the Notes from My Heart?" 

****

"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between notes and curl my back into loniness."

-Maya Angelou

****

The multicolored leaves crunched with each footfall of my gray converse. I woke up later than usual; Though, not exactly lateI shoved my hands in my pockets and walked along the concrete sidewalk, nearing my special destination. There. 

I spotted the swingset, rusty and old as it was; This was my special place each morning. 

Huh? A girl? I thought as I noticed someone on my favorite swing, the one on the left-most side. I neared closer, and noticed that she was sleeping and listening to music.

"Mwoh?" I said to myself. "Who can sleep on a swing?" Next to her was a black luggage bag.

I sat down silently on the swing beside her and clutched the icy iron clasps. My feet pushed off a bit and I tried to gain a little momentum. I laughed quietly as my stomach fluttered as I was raised higher and higher. Finally, I slowed down.Almost as if by a strong force, I shifted my gaze to the strange sleeping girl on the swing. 

Weird! She's sleeping so peacefully! 

Her thin, beautifully shaped fingers gripped the once-cold chains — which were probably warm by now. Soft waves of her light brown hair of intertwined with the metal links. Her milky skin was only hinted by her light face. The girl's brows furrowed and small wrinkles appeared on her forehead and her black lashes fluttered as if trying to escape a bad memory. And with each breath — a tiny, almost transparent cloud escaped her pink gradient lips... 

I leaned my head on the chains and smiled at her. 

I wish I knew her name...