Chapter Twenty Two : Sera Comes Clean

Start from the beginning

"Sera, you are definitely not okay."

"I am okay now, but I had to quit my job."

"Why? What happened?"

Something urges her to respond, honestly. "Something happened at work." He looks at her through blond ringlets that have fallen into his face as he waits for her to continue. With a deep breath she does, "My boss called me into the office today with these strange accusations. But, then I noticed something weird about her eyes..."

"Were they red?" he interrupts.

"Uh, yeah, bright red. How did you know?"

"Red eyes are a sign of possession." He motions her to continue.

"Will they be like when I was possessed," she whispers the word as it still haunts her. "That I didn't know what was going on?"

"Yes, they have no memory of what happens while under the influence of a spirit."
"It was the creepiest thing I've ever seen." Her arms wrap around herself, "But

what do all black eyes mean?"

"Why?" he gulps, "Did you see black eyes?"

"One of my coworkers, his eyes turned all black like an alien or something, and he attacked me."

"He attacked you? You were attacked by a Demon and you survived? How?"

"A Demon?" She repeats as Jack continues to hound her with concerned questions. On some level, she knew this.

"How did you get away, Sera?"

"I just ran."

"Sera..." his face grows serious now, his eyes fall to the floor.

"What is it?"

"There's something else I need to tell you." He twists now, pulling her hands into his.

"No more secrets Jack."

"Right, no secrets." He breathes deeply. "Well, remember I told you the spirits like you? And the entire spiritual world is just becoming more and more open to me?"

"Yes."

"Well, in the spirit of transparency, I feel I need to tell you. I was contacted by someone so purely evil, I will have a nasty taste in my mouth forever."

"Who?"

"Lucifer," he whispers his name insinuating just the mention of it could cause him to appear. "He reached out to me the other night. It was through a spirit."

"What?" She is on her feet in seconds pacing back and forth.

"Sera, please sit back down."

"I can't. I just need to release some nervous energy. Just tell me what happened." Her pacing continues.

"He asked me to use my relationship with you to get you to join us."

"Join us? Us?" My mind caught that before anything else.

He glances toward the ground again, "Yes, he informed me my gifts are not by accident. He had given them to me. This was all some kind of sick plan of his."

Sera's feet stop in front of Jack. He glances up to her face. The look must not have been too pleasing. "Sera, my powers may be evil, but I am not."

"How is this even possible?" She rambles.

Not able to take it any longer, Jack jumps to his feet grabbing the sides of her arms to keep Sera still.

"Sera, I would never hurt you. I love you," he admits as his sea green eyes explore hers.