"Bye, dad!" I said again. 

"Fine, but I'll be needing that key.." He stood up and walked toward me with his hand out in front of him and a satisfied smile on his face, knowing he had embarrassed me and Aaron enough probably!

Once he left, Aaron turned to me and sighed gratefully. "Your dad is and intimidating man!"

"Yeah, I know. Sorry about that.." I looked around the room, at anything but Aaron, thanks dad for the awkwardness and unnecessary comments! "I should be going. Um.. I'll call you later?" It was almost a question. "Bye." Aaron just nodded and i left the house, leaving him alone looking terrified. 

 When I opened the door to my house, my mum bounded up to me with a huge knowing smile on her face. "Is it true?" 

I played dumb. "Is what true mum?" 

She rolled her eyes at me and grabbed my hand, towing me to the kitchen. "Come help me put away the groceries. We need to talk." Once in the kitchen, she picked up a bag from the floor and began handing me food items to put away. "So you and Aaron.. is it finally happening?" 

"What do you mean finally?" I asked her, whilst putting tins of tomato soup away in the cupboard.

"Aw, you know, you and that boy were meant to happen. We've seen it for years! Me, your dad, Kirsty and Ronny. I think Jason somehow suspected, too, you should see his face when Aaron looks at you!" 

"Wait up, what are you on about? For starters, me and Aaron are not together no matter what dad says!" 

"Well how come dad saw you two have a smoochy session on kirsty's couch?" 

I scowled at her. "We were not." were too, but she didn't need to know that, not until I found out where we stood with each other. I mean, that couldn't have been nothing, so what now?. "He tripped on something and I just happened to be half-sleeping on the couch." Lies. "Anyway, secondly, you've been talking about me and Aaron with his parents? What on earth is wrong with you all?" 

She laughed at my comment. "It's no big deal. We - me and dad - have thought all along that you two had a connection and we wanted to know what you two were like at kirsty's to see if we were right, so i asked her. She agreed.. Ta da." She smirked at me. Connection.. really?

"That's wrong on so many levels. And we really have a connection?" Uh-oh, word vomit. I put my hand over my mouth to shut myself up. That completely sounded like a smug little girl who had a crush on someone. 

My mum smiled at me. A genuine happy smile it was. "Yes! Do you like him? If you do you should really go for it!" 

"No! Mum, shut up!" But I did, I knew I did. And somehow that light kiss I had seemed like it wasn't enough. I absentmindedly touched my lips with my right index finger and I could still feel his cold breath brush against my face. I'm so pathetic! 

"Did you kiss!?" My mum squealed, looking at my hand against my lips which i abruptly dropped. 

I sighed. "Yes." I looked to the floor for a moment and when i looked back up my mum was looking at me like a kids looked at their new bike on Christmas day. "Don't look at me like that!" Her grin spread wider across her face. "Look, don't say anything to Kirsty or Ronny. It might get to Jason and if he finds out he will kill us. Me and Aaron that is." Why was it that i like the thought of 'us'. 

"I won't! My lips are sealed.. until you let me tell them.." she saw my face and immediately held her hands up in the air. "Fine, I won't tell them anything." 

"Good, because there is nothing to tell!" I walked out of the kitchen then, being sneaky and leaving my mum to put away all the food that I would probably eat.