Chapter-13

I told you I didn't abandon this story, didn't I? But I don't even know how to apologize for taking almost a century for updating it.

Those who keep tabs on me know that my life has turned upside down in the worst way and therefore, update schedules of all my stories will be erratic now. Again, I am truly sorry, guys.

It's a tiny chapter because I needed to warm up too. And there will be frottage in this one, so, consider yourself warned!

Hope you enjoy the read!

---------------------------------

"Why do you find this Bonding so objectionable?"

They were in the ante-room of Athair's private chamber where usually the old patriarch held discussions that concerned personal matters.

With a quick look at Athair's face to gauge his reaction as that neutral tone of his voice gave nothing away, JingYu rested his eyes on the Persian carpet underneath his feet and said, "The idea of the Bonding is not objectionable at all to me. But it.........it might be to him."

The silence stretched on and JingYu did not dare to lift his eyes. He did not want to make so much fuss or give Athair any bad impression of Zhou, he really did not but the idea of bounding Zhou......It scared him.

"Has he given such an impression for you to doubt in his commitment?"

"No, never!" JingYu's eager assurance rang too loudly in that cold, stony room and he quickly lowered his voice, ashamed of his outburst. "His opinion about this Bonding is on the contrary to mine. He is a bit too in favour of it," he clarified in a flushed mortification.

"Hmm," Athair hummed and lightly rested his knuckles against his thin lips, elbow poised on the armrest; the Seal Ring of the Coven glinted in the reflected light of the fire. "I apologize if my perception of the situation is wrong but it appears to me that it is only you that is averse to this union and I must admit that your reluctance leaves me baffled."

JingYu really did not want to discuss his love life with someone he considered as his father but if Athair asked something he was bound to answer.

"This Bond will last for a lifetime and he is too young and emotion driven to take such a vital decision at the moment.

"He, Zhou, was almost the same age when he decided to risk the wrath of your father to be with you in his previous life." There was no chastisement in that voice but JingYu still could detect a tinge of exasperation.

"And that decision took his life and changed mine forever. I do not want the history to repeat itself again, Athair."

The room went silent for a long moment before the elder vampire spoke again.

"But you cannot discard the advantages this union could bring, either."

When JingYu stared at him questioningly, he elaborated, "A bonded Mate is immune to any and every kind of allure, therefore, eliminating the possibility of some other creature taking advantage of them."

Snippets of the night Chen used Allure on WeiZhou and abducted him to the Lair flashed in front of his eyes and by the look of it Athair was also alluding to the same incident. Just the memory of it made JingYu's talons to grow out.

Yes, that was indeed an advantage.

"And a bonded vampire would instinctively know if their Mate is in danger. Also, your Veela heritage gives you an additional gain in the form of tracking your Mate's presence."