"What are you doing to him?" Dean stopped tying the ripped end around Castiel's feet. He glanced up at her, only to pause. Her face was tear stained and her eyes were slightly puffy. He immedantly felt bad. Should he being doing this with her here?

"Unless you can bring people back the dead, something needs to be done to their bodies." Dean sassed as he finshed tying.

She bit her lip. "I don't know what I can do. Anything I've done so far was an instinct." The girl told him. He nodded.

"I know. And really," He finshed what he was doing to the body and moved to stand in front of her. "It's okay."

Dean turned and made his way towards the door, shouting, "Sammy, I'm going to start the fire."

Then he left, leaving Serenity alone with Castiel's body and her thoughts.

_____

Serenity watched as Dean carried Castiel's body towards the pile of wood stack like an alter of sorts.

She could hear people walking towards her from behind but paid them no mind. Her sadness for the fallen angel overwhelmed her.

She watched as Sam walked over to Dean, who had finally laid the body on the wooden alter. "Did she know Cas?" Serenity heard the younger brother ask, sounding confused.

Dean glanced over at the blonde, who stood staring at the later, with her hands in her jacket pockets, unaware of the fact she was listening. "No."

"Then why is sh-"

"Just leave her, Sammy." Dean snapped defensively. Sam had grown to care for the young neplihm, but Dean had slowly started to warm up to the girl. "She doesn't understand anymore than we do, at this point."

The blonde's then drawn to Jack, who had interrupted the brothers' talk. "Is she okay?" Jack questioned, slightly looking over his shoulder.

Her knew she was listening, so she stopped. "She's upset." Dean told the boy, who looked to Sam.

"How do you make people who are sad, happy?" Jack asked, innocently, looking between the two brothers.

"You comfort them, Jack." Sam said to the Neplihm. "Hug them, tell them everything's going to be oka-"

"And then you pray that they believe you." Dean added, unhelpfully. Sam glared at his brother while Jack just nodded.

The Nephilm walked back over to the girl, as Dean began to drench the alter in gasoline. She didn't even look at Jack when he stood beside her, but his comforting presence brought tears to her eyes. Her sadness wanted to be unleashed. She just wouldn't allow it.

"It's okay to be sad." Jack spoke causing her to look at him. As soon as her eyes met his, her gaze fell to the ground.

"I don't even know him, Jack." Serenity croaked truthfully. "I've never once spoke to him, never once seen him face to face when he wasn't-" she stopped short.

"He's like your father, Jack. Yet it seems to tear me apart more than it hurts you." She finshed quietly. Dean finshed drenching the pile of lumber.

He and Sam came and stood beside the two friends. Dean then brought out his lighter, catching Serenity's breath in her throat.

He glanced at the three, Serenity, Jack and Sam for permission to proceed. Sam nodded, while Serenity just looked down.

Dean took that as an okay.

He tossed the lighter into the wood and watched as the whole thing lit up.

"You wanna say anything?" Sam questioned Jack. The boy glanced to Serenity, before back at Sam.

"What do you say?" The neplihm responded.

Sam nodded. "Right." Sam cleared his throat, turning his gaze back towards the fire. "Thank you. You say thank you. And you say you're sorry. You hope they're somewhere without, uh, sadness or pain. You hope they're somewhere better. You say goodbye."

"Well," Dean spoke up. "goodbye, Cas." Serenity bite the inside of her cheek as her eyes watered.

"Goodbye, Kelly." Jack looked down and took hold of Serenity's hand.

"Goodbye, Crowley. Goodbye, Mom-"

"Dean," Sam interrupted Dean. "We don't know if Mom's-"

"Yeah, we do." The older brother apoke bitterly. "We do, Sam. Lucifer killed her the moment he realized we trapped his ass. He killed her. You know he did." Serenity's guilt tripled knowing that Lucifer had something to do with their pain, and she still hadn't come clean. 

Jack must have noticed, because he tightened his grip on her hand. "She's gone."

"They're all gone." Dean grimly said. Serenity looked back to the fire.

"Goodbye, Castiel." Her voice was only heard by Jack, who looked down at her.

"It's a shame." A voice spoke from behind them. They all turned their backs on the fire, cautiously. Serenity felt her instinct kick in, subduing any emotional pain. "Castiel was always one of my favorites."

Dean instantly drew his gun, along with Sam. "Who are you?" Dean hissed, aiming the gun while Serenity took a step in front of Jack, who grabbed her arm, ready to pull her back.

The blonde instantly recognized the man from the voice earlier in the jail cell. The one that had been in her head. She movement caught the man's attention. A genuine smile appeared on his face.

"Who are you?" Dean repeated. The man looked to the brothers, carelessly speaking. "Forgive me. I'm Zuriel."

"What are you? How do you know Cas?" Aggressively questioned Sam. Zuriel chuckled, causing Serenity to narrow her eyes at him. He was an angel. But something seemed slightly off about him, like his grace was tainted.

"I'm an angel, of sorts." Zuriel responded.

"Why are you here? For Jack?"

Zuriel shook his head as he made eye contact with the girl. "No, in fact, I'm here for my sister."