While she stood there, Jack moved into the next room, where a women lied on a bed. She too was covered with a blanket.

Jack's eyes welled with tears. Both of the most powerful creatures were crying for lost ones, even when one didn't know why.

Jack's hand rested on the foot of the covered women and he knew it was his mother. Sam watched as the Nephilm stared at his mother's lifeless body.

_____

Serenity couldn't look at the covered corpse any longer, but she couldn't bring herself to leave the room. It shouldn't have effected her the way it did, but she was honestly crushed.

It was like she had someone important ripped away from her, when it was almost the exact opposite. She had no knowledge of this person at all, but it still hurt, even more so than when she had to say goodbye to Amara.

"His name was Castiel." The girl glanced behind her, eyes avoiding the body on the table to see Dean standing in the the room. The amount of grief he held in his eyes matched her own, almost.

Dean was sincerely surprised when he saw the tears in the girls eyes. "Castiel?" The girl muttered out hoarsly, more to herself than Dean, but he nodded anyway.

"Yeah." Dean cleared his throat. He walked over to the table and uncovered the face to reveal a raven haired man in a tan trench coat. The blonde finally looked back at the body to see him and his wilted, broken wings.

She shifted her gaze back towards the window, as Dean looked away from the body as well and covered his friend back up. 

"He was a fallen angel." Serenity stated, quietly. "Why does it hurt?" The girl suddenly asked, turning away from the window and to Dean with another heart broken expression.

Dean looked exhaustedly confused. "What?"

"My chest," Serenity clarified. "my heart, why does it hurt so much. It's like I'm suffocating." The girl voice cracked slightly as she talked. She honestly didn't understand. She was sad for Jack, she really was, but she didn't even know this angel, Castiel.

Yet, the sight of him made her want to cry again.

Dean sighed, the realization dawning on him that Serenity was obviously not as evil as he expected. She was just confused. "It's called grief."

She shook her head. "I don't like it. I don't like-," She paused for a second, gathering her thoughts and emotions, trying to put them back in their place. "I don't like feeling like this."

"No one ever does." Dean sadly laughed in response. "But most people heal. Did yo- Did you know him?" Dean asked.

"No." He nodded.

"I- I'm sorry." Serenity told him, glancing over at the brother. "He was your friend."

"Yeah." Dean mumbled. "He was." The older brother glanced around the room, his eyes landing on the curtain rod above Serenity. "Hand me that, while you?"

She looked up, and took hold of the rod, braking it loose before handing it to Dean. He took the curtains off of it and then ripped them apart. She watched confusedly.