Prompt 5-Murder: Nine Agonizing Seconds (Treebros)

Start from the beginning

My sanctuary

Larry pressed against Evan's trachea, cutting off his precious air supply. He pushed harder onto Evan's neck, his eyes widening in anger, again. "You can't have him." Larry's voice broke the eerie silence, booming in Evan's ears like a nuclear bomb was delicately dropped on each lobe. The boy looked at the man, his eyes glossing over, but he didn't stop. He didn't stop pushing, tears in his eyes, matching Evan's. "You can't take him away from me."

You're holy to me

Evan shook his head, crying as he clawed at Larry's grip, his nails digging into the flesh of the larger's wrist.

Take the pain

Larry growled, shoving Evan's head back against the wall, giving Evan just enough time to gasp for air, swallowing what precious oxygen he could before his windpipe was crushed, again.

Make it billboard big and swallow it for me

"You're nothing, boy!" Larry hissed, throwing Evan to the ground. He kicked him, again, angrily, his eyes narrowing in disgust. "Of all the people he could have, I will never understand why the hell he chose you." Larry walked back to his desk, sitting down as he opened a drawer, pulling something metal out. Evan couldn't quite make out what it was.

Time capsule for the future, trust me, that's what I will be

Evan heard a soft click, and his heart dropped into his stomach. He shut his eyes, waiting for anything to happen. Seconds turned o minutes, minutes turned to hours, hours turned to days. It felt like it took nine agonizing days, but it was nine agonizing seconds.

In those nine seconds, Larry Murphy cocked the pistol, pointing it at Evan's head, mumbling an incoherent few words as his finger squeezed up on the trigger. In those nine seconds, Evan took the blood from his lip onto his finger, writing a small goodbye note on the floor of the room, hoping one day Connor would see how sorry he was.

Oh, the things that you do in the name of what you love

In those nine seconds, Connor Murphy rushed down the stairs, hearing his father's angry yelling cease from his private study. In those nine seconds, he decided to open the door and see what was wrong.

You were doomed but just enough, you were doomed but just enough

In those nine seconds, Cynthia Murphy tried desperately to stop her son from opening the study entryway, completely aware, and terrified of the obvious scenario happening from behind the closed door. In those nine seconds, she witnessed the pain on her son's face as he screamed at the scene in front of him.

"Evan!"

"Connor!"

In those nine seconds, there was a gunshot.

I love the world

But after those nine seconds, Evan Hansen felt no pain. None, besides the initial pain in his throat from the strangulation, and the bruising around his body.

But I just don't love the way it makes me feel.

After those nine seconds, Connor Murphy, the love of Evan's life, and the son of his own murderer, fell to the floor, tears streaming down his face as he clutched a hole in his chest.

Evan scurried over to Connor, while Cynthia covered her mouth, keeping Larry in a corner as she Called the police. Evan let out a soft sob, brushing the hair out of the boy's face as he shook his head, frantically. "No, no, no, Connor, please!" Evan pushed a kiss to his forehead.

"You're an angel, Evan." Connor locked eyes with the boy. He grabbed the shorter's hand, keeping his gaze fixed on Evan. "I was so lucky to have someone like you."

Got a few more fake friends and its getting hard to know what's real.

Evan shook his head, his tears falling onto Connor's cheek. " No, Connor, what do you mean: was?' Evan squeezed his hand.

And if death is the last appointment then we're all just sitting in the waiting room.

"Don't kid yourself, Evan." Connor took a harsh breath, his grip on Evan's hand loosening.

"Save your breath, Connor." Evan squeezed it harder, not ready to lose him.

I am just a human trying to avoid my certain doom

Connor laughed, dryly. "I love you, Evan." His eyes, focused on Evan, began to stare blankly, the tears turning to a glassy glaze around his cornea. His grip on evan's hand loosened, entirelu, and his chest stopped rising and falling. Connor Murphy stopped at that moment.

Evan's world stopped.

"No, wait! Connor, please." Evan felt himself collapse onto Connor's body, his fingers shaking. The pain of losing him was worse than anyone could deal with, let alone a seventeen year old boy. He lost the best part of his life, all due to knowing him.

My Sanctuary

His sanctuary.

Connor would never love him, again. He would never give him the happiness that he oh, so needed all the time. He would never help Evan through another anxiety attack, or keep him company during a thunderstorm, or care for him when he was sick. Connor would never again call him Angel.

You're holy to me

But Evan prayed he would, for the next nine seconds, the next nine minutes, the next nine minutes, hours, days, weeks, months. Evan prayed he would, for the next nine years.

If you were church

Evan sat alone next to Connor's grave, his fingers running against a rough scar on his temple, a reminder of that horrible night. He let a tear fall softly onto the undisturbed ground below him, Connor's burial site. "I'm so sorry."

I'd get on my knees.

—a/n—

Word count: 1610

Yikes this was a challenge for amino Because I made writers league so here's the pain.

Idk what I just watched but it's heartbreaking so Ye

I'm sick

That's it

I love you my Carcrashovercastyoungbloods

-Emily aka Foblvr