Chapter 23: An excuse to hold you

Start from the beginning

"I've known you for years. I can tell when you lie to me, Joseph." I said pouting and he rolled his eyes letting out a laugh.

"I've just wanted to do this for a long time, longer then you even know and I don't want to mess this up." He said honestly looking out the window and I shook my head grabbing his face with my hand and turning it to look at me.

"I know this date will be perfect so stop worrying. Tonight is our night. Tonight we'll forget all about being agents and will just have fun and act how normal nineteen year olds act." I said with a smile.

"But your not nineteen." Joey pointed out and I rolled my eyes removing my hands.

"Only a month away Joseph, only a month away." I replied and he started the car and fixed his mirrors before backing out.

"So where are we going?" I asked him and he flashed me a crooked smile.

"We are going on a date." Joey said and I lightly smacked his arm.

"You know what I mean." I said and he sent me a cheeky smile.

"Do I?" He responded and I rolled my eyes turning up the radio. The song problem by Ariana grande was on. My eyebrows furrowed at the song. I've never heard it before. Deciding to continue listening since it seemed to get a little catchy. By the end of the song I was singing obnoxiously with the radio.

"Okay enough of that song. " Joey said changing the radio and I pouted. "Plus we're almost to our destination." A few minutes later we were parked and I decided to take the time to look at my surroundings I noticed we were at a mini golf place.

"Mini golf really?" I raised an eyebrow getting out of the car.

"It's not a restaurant or a movie so it's not cliche and plus you haven't been mini golfing before have you?" Joey said and I didn't answer. He was right I haven't been mini golfing before which means I will make a fool out of myself.

"That's what I thought." Joey said with a smirk on his face and I stuck my tongue out.

"Shut up." I responded childishly causing Joey to let out a chuckle. Getting in the small line we waited to get everything we need for doing this golfing thing.

"What do I get when I beat you?" I asked and he thought about it for a minute.

"A kiss." He replied before puckering his lips making kissing sounds bring his face closer to mine. I let out a small giggle and pushed him away.

"Uh huh." I said rolling my eyed. It was our turn at the counter and Joey gave the girl a crisp ten dollar bill. She gave us a little white card that had black boxes on it and a small blue pencil. We thanked her and I grabbed a red club while Joey grabbed a blue one. She handed us two white balls before we went to the first hole. I decided to make Joey go first since I've never done this before in my life. He hit the ball and it went rolling straight into the hole.

"Hole in one baby." Joey said fist pumping. I narrowed my eyes and marched over to the small black may and set my ball on the little hole. Swinging the club the ball went flying int a small pond. My eyes widened and Joey bursted out laughing. Huffing I went over to the small pond and pulled my ball out. Bringing it back over to the mat I grabbed the club and brought my arms back getting ready to swing. When I moved my arms forward instead of the ball getting hit the club went flying towards Joey. Joey quickly ducked and the club landed behind him. His stared at me with his eyes still wide and I stared back mine just as wide before we both were on the ground laughing.

"Did I really just . . oh my god." I said in between breaths.

"How does that even happen?" Joey asked me wiping the tear from his eye from laughing so hard.