✩Twentyseven✩

All that remained of El and the Demogorgon was a heap of black dust floating in the air. As it settled Mike stood up slowly and ran to where Eleven was previously standing.

"El?! El?!" He began shouting, the other boys followed suit.

"Guys..." you said standing up, they looked at you. "I think she's gone." Mike had tears in his eyes and he shook them away.

"No! shes not! she can't be..." he trailed off as more tears came to his eyes. He ran to you and hugged you tight. "She's gone... she's gone,  y/n she's gone..." he muttered into your shoulder. You held him as tight as you could.

"I know Mike, I'm sorry." Mike pulled away at the sound of sirens outside.

"Why...are the police here?" Dustin asked.

"Probably a severe noise complaint?" you said with a breathy laugh. The others smiled a little but it was hard to be happy. You all decided it's be best to leave now so you gathered your things and filed out of the classroom. Mike reached for your hand and muttered:

"Y/n?"

"What's up, Wheeler?" You asked softly.

"I miss her already."

"I do too." And the truth was, you did. there were minimal hard feelings. She loved and cared for Mike just as you did and you can't hate her for that. She told you to keep him safe and you planned to honor that. When you made your way out of the school there were tons of cops outside. An officer led you and mike to an ambulance and gave you both blankets.

"Are you two alright?" He asked. Mike shrugged rubbing his head and when he took his hand away there was blood on it. Seeing this you checked your chin wich was also still bleeding. Both you and mike just kind of stared at the officer. "I'll uh...grab a medic, John?! Can you bandage up these kids?!" a man, presumably John appeared a few moments later and helped bandage you and mike up while the officer asked us who we were and called our parents. What are we gonna say when they ask us what happened? Do we tell them the truth? Mike quietly started humming 'Eye of the tiger' and you couldn't help but smile. You put your head on his shoulder and watched the bustle of people and police officers through hazed vision as you somehow, despite the noise, drifted off to sleep.