✩Ten✩

You fumbled with the button on the back of your dress and once you got it you took a step back and smoothed it out in the mirror. It was black. So were your shoes. And so was the little black cardigan you put on over your dress. You met your mom at the bottom of the stairs,

"You ready to go?" She asked, a solemn look on her face. You just nodded and led the way out to the car.

During the funeral you stood with Jennifer. You heard her crying quietly and you grabbed her hand and squeezed it tight. You both stood there in silence. You couldn't imagine what she was going through, much less his family or...your thought trailed off watching the boys. Lucas and Dustin were snickering about something, mike was smiling. They can't even pretend that they're in grief, the least the could do is try. You sighed.

After the ceremony you were on your way to your car when Mike came up to you.

"Was Jennifer okay?" He asked glancing over at her, she was still crying.

"Yeah, I think she will be...I hope we can find Will." You said biting your lip. "Hearing him yesterday... in the upside down or whatever. It was... chilling." Mike kicked a pebble on the ground.

"I know what you mean..." he trailed off.

"When it's quiet I feel like I can still hear him." You both stood in silence for a good while before Mike broke it.

"We're staying for the reception are you?" He asked and you shook your head.

"I didn't know him well enough, it's not my place."

"Don't"

"What?"

"Don't know him well enough," Mike corrected, "You said didn't."

"Oh, yeah, it's just weird to refer to someone who you just watched get buried in the present tense." Mike nodded.

"Alright, see you later okay?" He said pulling you into a hug. You squeezed back and pulled away,

"Bye Mike."