It's not as easy as they say it is

The moonlight crept in through the blackout curtains, which had only been cracked open a pinch from the fallen guitar. Mira closed her eyes and exhaled through her nose 'Dr. Anne breathing' as she called it. She tried to think of only her happy thoughts. But she couldn't imagine or think of a single thing useful. Her brain felt like it was going to implode. It was sprinting to finish in a race that was never going to end. Mira thought about her parents, her future, her school, everything that could be thought of in the universe was crammed into her skull. She inhaled slowly through her nose and calmly out of her mouth. 'Breath in for 6 counts, hold for 4 counts, and exhale for 8 counts,' she thought, but to no avail.
Mira grabbed her laptop from the floor and opened it. She sent out a message to her friend, her only friend left. After about 20 minutes with no response she grabs her phone and sends a text.

Hey it's happening again. Please text me back.
...

"Why would she answer? I'm just a fucking burden on her." Mira thought, after rolling around in her bed, desperate for sleep or any comfort offered from her bed, but sadly it was just a mattress covered in rumpled sheets and couldn't ease her mind. After 26 minutes of rolling around on her bed, she realized nothing is happening except time passing. She sat up and edged off her bed, ' I might as well look presentable for my mom so she doesn't think I've gone off the deep end again' her foot touched the floor and almost winced at the chill that ran through her spine.
The bathroom door was only 6 steps away, her parents decided when they moved here that Mira should have the bedroom closest to the bathroom in case of another incident.
The figure in front of her didn't look familiar. This was not the Mira Evans everyone had grown to know and love. This matted hair, tear streaked face, baggy clothed figure was not Mira. Who was she? What had happened to herself?