CHAPTER 3

I dropped to my knees, dramatically. "Tofunmi, please nah. This would be the last time. Please..." I tried convincing my elder sister, to cover up for me. I had to go to Ethan's party, which was overnight and my parents would never let me, so I had to sneak. My only cover up was Tofunmi. "Please nah, please. I'll be back early. Please. Please. Please." I turned it into a song. Being persistent was the only way to get her, she hates continuous begging.

She groaned at my annoying 'please' song. "Okay fine, I'll help you. But this would be the last," she said, cocking her right brow. I forgot to thank her and jumped from my knees, grabbed my phone and started heading for the door. "You can't say thank you shey?" she asked me, slightly offended.

She too like 'thank you'.

I sighed. "I'm sorry, thank you ma. You're the best sis in the world." She laughed at my praises.

I smiled back at her, before rushing out of our room and straight to the back door; my escape root.

"Toyosi!" I heard my mom shout, as I was about to step out.

"She's already sleeping oh," my sister quickly covered up for me.

I smiled to myself. "Okay oh, hope she used her eye drop o?" my mom asked my sister.

"Yes." My sister's reply was faint, since I was already far from the house.

The uber I called, was already outside the gate. I quickly got in and immediately showed him the address.

In no time at all, I got to Esse's house. The place was booming with music already. Before my second knock, Ethan opened the door for me. I hugged him briefly, before I entered the sitting room. Tiwa Savage's Malo was playing. I flowed with the beat immediately, and started dancing to it.

I sighted Ebun and Amarachi talking at a corner of the room, while Esse was talking to Rukky not far from them. I smiled to myself and danced my way to them.

"Fishes," I greeted them, immediately I got to them.

They both smiled. "How did you make it here?" Ebun asked, amused.

I smiled and wiggled my brows. "I know my ways."

They laughed again. "Ella the bad child oh. Yaf spoil finish," Amarachi said, laughing at me.

I chuckled. "Ah, it's not my fault oh. If they don't give me freedom, I would give myself the freedom." I shrugged. They all laughed, nodding as they coincided.

Who won't coincide? When my parents won't let me go out. They are always on my neck, always on my matter. Toyosi don't do this, do this. I hate it!

I was wandering in my thoughts, looking around the room. Just then, my eyes landed on Joseph. I furrowed my brows and quickly rushed to Esse. "Joseph is here oh, follow me," I whispered in her ear and pulled her, immediately. I pushed the closest door, which was leading to their passage.

I pulled her to her room. She ran to her bed, falling on her face. "Are you okay?" I asked her, as I walked slowly towards her bed. She didn't reply me. She still hadn't gotten over him. "Should I give you some space, or should I stay?" She still didn't answer.

She sat up, looking at me with sad eyes. "I don't know anymore," she said in a sad low voice to me. "I can't keep running, can I?" I wanted to tell her yes, but I couldn't. "I can't keep running. He's in the same school and class with me, we'll always meet. It's either I face it now, or I'll continue to be down forever." She fell on her bed with her face again.

Just then, there was a soft knock at the door. I immediately guessed who it was, so I ignored it. "Please let me in. It's me, Joseph." I ignored the voice.

"Don't worry let him in, I'll be fine," Esse's soft voice came out as mumbled words, which I could decipher.

"Okay, fine." I opened the door immediately I replied her, looked at him with clenched teeth and walked past him, making our shoulders clash harshly. I hope she's really fine.

Memories of Joseph and I, flashed through my mind. For some strange reasons, I was jealous and down. Of us all, it was Esse he chose. No no no, I shouldn't be jealous. Why should I be? I shook my head and walked back into the sitting room. I shouldn't be, he's history.

"What happened?" Ebun asked me, immediately I got to her.

I smiled, warmly. "Joseph and Esse are having a reconciliation chat in her room," I said freely and thoughtlessly.

She furrowed her brows. "You say what?" she shouted, soundeing a bit angry.

I chuckled awkwardly. "Don't worry, she's fine."

"Mtchew...excuse me." She walked past me angrily. "Fine ko, fine ni."

I want to follow her, but I don't know what I'll see. And jealousy is still radiating all through my body. I still have feelings for Joseph, I can't deny. But...he doesn't feel the same. I hope this term in Greenland would change it all. But, there is no boy who's half as good-looking or charming as Joseph in that school. Even though he gets his cliché act from the numerous books he reads, they are still charming. How I wish he is still mine. But, am I up for breaking Esse's heart more? Or letting the two be happy together? Ion even know anymore.